A question that has burned in my mind

Options
So my thighs look really thin tbh, from the front. But from the side they both hump in front. Idkhow to lose fat there like??? My thighs barely touch when I put my legs together, and they’re thin everywhere else, and they have quite a bit of muscle. Idk if this is where to post a question like this

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    That hump is likely your quad muscle. Quad's look like a hump from the side.

^ This. And if it is actually fat you're seeing rather than your quad muscles, it's not possible to spot reduce fat from any particular part of your body. You just have to maintain a calorie deficit and keep losing fat until it's gone.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    That hump is likely your quad muscle. Quad's look like a hump from the side.

^ I have to agree with this. Sounds like you are just seeing your Quad muscle.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,064 Member
    Options
    I remember when I became an adult in an adult's body I had all kinds of freak-outs about stuff looking different - and my legs were the first I noticed. I'm female, so my legs changed a lot when I became an adult. Totally normal!

If you are thin already, just don't expect to see the 12 year old straight little stick legs. Muscles are good! ((hug))
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You want to know for sure? Get in a squat, like 90 degrees & as you're holding the squat, smack that hump. If it doesn't jiggle, it's muscle (which I bet it is).
  • starcrysis
    starcrysis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ayyy thank you for all the replies it helps! Imma do that thing to check, I kinda thought it was maybe but it sucks that it looks bad lol. Maybe it only does to me
    I got some beefy quad muscles if that’s what it is lmao and I barely ever worked out until this month
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    starcrysis wrote: »
    Ayyy thank you for all the replies it helps! Imma do that thing to check, I kinda thought it was maybe but it sucks that it looks bad lol. Maybe it only does to me
    I got some beefy quad muscles if that’s what it is lmao and I barely ever worked out until this month

Probably... We are often our own worst critics.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    People often post that they don't like the way their legs look. And when they add a picture, the rest of us almost always tell them their legs look normal. We've been taught to be hypercritical of our own bodies, and to think they need to conform to some weird standards that can only be achieved with Photoshop.

You can't choose where on your body fat is burned from. That's just as true for legs as it is for stomachs or anywhere else. If it's fat, then all you can do is lose weight if you're outside an ideal weight range for your height. If you're in an ideal weight range and you have unwanted fat, then you can recomp.

If it's muscle, then you *can* target muscle development. Depending on what activities you do, some of your leg muscles might be more developed than others, and you could work on building the less developed muscles so they look proportional.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yep... sounds like your quad muscle. I don't see how that could be a bad thing lol.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Dancers turn their feet out precisely for that reason. A leg seen straight on has very little curve and isn't as visually appealing. Turn you feet out, and you should the muscle, and curve, of the quad.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Someday you'll be grateful for every ounce of quad muscle you can get!
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Quads are sexy and I bet your legs look great! Embrace the hump. ;)
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My strong quads are one of the things I love about my body. Massage therapists have commented on them, asking if I trained as an athlete. Embrace the quads!