Anyone on keto that would like to support each other

Options
JBDaniel08
JBDaniel08 Posts: 67 Member
Good Afternoon...

I am 42 years old with 3 kids. Each one put on a little more weight. When I was almost at my goal weight I went on a medication that made me gain 35 pounds. I have found the way I lose weight best is by cutting sugar and carbs. This is really hard for me because I like to snack (which doesn't help at all) and all of my snacks have carbs a sugar. If anyone is on Keto and would like to support each other I would love it!

Replies

• minicoop8991
    minicoop8991 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started keto last week! So far so good, but would love to have friends to support me too 😀
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I’ve had the most success with keto dieting - down 26 lbs and my skin is loving me for no sugar. Feel free to friend me! I post daily and am into nutrition. Good luck!
  • jillgoss0220
    jillgoss0220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m one week in and looking for support as well, we can do it!
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Starting Keto next week, would love some friends who also are Keto 😊. Feel free to add me
  • jwestate
    jwestate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of a group of new Keto Dieters. I have been registered on myfitnesspal for years, but I have been off this "app", all diets and fitness programs for many years. Not even sure where to start so I would really appreciate following others that are new to Keto.

Please add me as a friend.
    Not sure if there is a group option, I need to re-familiarise myself to MyfitnessPal so any & all advice is welcome.
  • kmc620
    kmc620 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello. I have been kinda doing keto but want to start tracking my macros. I have 2 toddlers and need to shed 20 pounds. Some support from other keto friends would be great. Cheers! Please add me as a friend
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hello - I have been following Keto for almost 4 months now, down 30lbs and a couple of size.

there are a couple of groups you can join with low carb and keto followers:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

there is a lot of great info there, recipe ideas, etc.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this. Those groups are quite good and a good place for support and info.

Good luck.
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m gathering info and gradually moving into a Keto lifestyle. I’d love support from others who have been doing this. My husband and I both need to lose weight and I feel this is something we can live with and be successful with. I’d love to join this group!

• gisette2000
    gisette2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm researching the Keto lifestyle myself. So far I think the Ketonic diet would really work for me. A community of people supporting one another is something I value.
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been eating keto for a bit more than three months. I really like it because I've always favored the creamy sauces and foods with melty cheese and keto allows me to eat those. I've also had a problem with the way my body handles carbs (pre-diabetic and inability to stop myself from eating them) so keto addresses that problem as well. I don't feel deprived, I don't feel hungry and I'm losing weight at the same time. It's a win-win way of eating for me. In the 99 days that I've been eating keto I've lost 36 pounds and six inches off my waist. My total loss goal is 135 pounds and with keto I think I will actually get there.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I share my food diary and would love more keto friends in my list.
  • _JustKev_
    _JustKev_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m starting Monday. I’ve had success with it in the past. Feel free to add me.
  • CogentHMS
    CogentHMS Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Listen, Just want to say this.... Keto is a tool. It is a fantastic diet not just for weight loss but for health benefits as well. I have been on Keto for 13+ months and made a crazy transformation in the first 12 months. Outside of a few moments of weakness (like the past month due to international trips) I find it easy to get back on the wagon due to the love of the diet itself. But, please know the solid foundation you need regardless of your diet choice is planning. It is paramount and trumps all. If you do not plan, this diet will be difficult and it will cause you to fail. Understand your potential options for food, meaning outside sources for food. As you will not always have food made from home to eat. Study your favorite restaurants menus as well as other unfamiliar ones around you. If you do not do so, this will bite you in the butt. There is no doubt in my mind each of you can pull off what most would think is impossible. I have become rather comfortable eating out and at most restaurants. Therefore, do not cage yourself in.... Anyway, If I can help in any way please ask... may not check this message board daily but I will follow up... Go get'em
  • ginathediva
    ginathediva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in the keto diet too...hear lot's of good things and positive stories. Any good sites to search, apps, etc.