Looking to lose over 200?

Options
ME TOO! Let's do it together!
I am Ashley and as you can tell from my screen name, I spend copious amounts of time reading. I am a SAHM and we dont do much TV so my five yr old and I are usually coloring or reading and chilling. I live a very sedentary lifestyle.
I also have a plethora of mental health issues to add to my bag of fun ;) among them are bi polar and severe depression, both of which help me eat my problems away with a single minded determination, and sleep apnea that my dr says I need a thing for to help me lose weight.
So today I have started my two year journey to get to a healthier weight of 150. That's a whole 200 lbs!
You are welcome to join me on this adventure or sit back with your low cal popcorn and watch ;) either way HELLO WORLD

Replies

• AshTheBibliomaniac
    AshTheBibliomaniac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got a great thing going! Good work!!!! What kind of fan fiction? Do you shate?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    These days, it's mostly OUAT, but I've done quite a bit of Batman before DC rebooted everything. I've also done some Daredevil. I seem to gravitate toward "divergence AUs" (basically, 'What if, at a certain critical juncture, someone made a choice other than the one they actually made in canon? What would THAT set in motion?')

Most of my stuff is here if you're interested: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Dragonbat/works
  • AndyWR72
    AndyWR72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just started as well, looking to lose around 120lb. feel free to add me as a friend. Motivation is a plus.
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    These days, it's mostly OUAT, but I've done quite a bit of Batman before DC rebooted everything. I've also done some Daredevil. I seem to gravitate toward "divergence AUs" (basically, 'What if, at a certain critical juncture, someone made a choice other than the one they actually made in canon? What would THAT set in motion?')

Most of my stuff is here if you're interested: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Dragonbat/works

Interested and checking it out!
  • CrunchyG
    CrunchyG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm looking to lose 150 lbs. :) We can do this!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm a book worm too and the Audible app is wonderful! Although not quite the same as reading, it allows me to get my book fix while walking or moving.
  • hateapples
    hateapples Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome, not sure how much I’m looking to lose, it’s at least 100 to get me anywhere near the normal range though
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    I'm a book worm too and the Audible app is wonderful! Although not quite the same as reading, it allows me to get my book fix while walking or moving.

Same! I have just downloaded audiobook apps to my phone. They have a great selection.
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    hateapples wrote: »
    Welcome, not sure how much I’m looking to lose, it’s at least 100 to get me anywhere near the normal range though

Same. Let's do it together ;)
    Also... you really hate apples?? Lol
  • phubb3
    phubb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I rejoined this week. I had great success before then life/myself got in the way. I sent you a friend request. I find it easier to have someone to talk to and check in on. You got this!
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I’m another avid reader! I’ve found audio books and podcasts gr at to listen to while I’m being more active
  • barbsintx
    barbsintx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new here in the community area I hope you all don’t mind me coming into your little group but I have at least 140 to lose to get to a decent weight, so where do I start lol. I don’t have much as far a exercise going for me I am very sedentary except for going to the dr and physical therapy and going up and down the stairs which I have noticed that is in the app for cardio but just really wanted to say Hello
  • aprilorchid
    aprilorchid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been a member since 2011, but don't have any friends. My weight has gone up, yet again. I am looking to lose about 80 to 100 pounds. Maybe having some support would help.
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    saires_au wrote: »
    Welcome!

I’m another avid reader! I’ve found audio books and podcasts gr at to listen to while I’m being more active

What is your go to genre?
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    barbsintx wrote: »
    Hello. I am new here in the community area I hope you all don’t mind me coming into your little group but I have at least 140 to lose to get to a decent weight, so where do I start lol. I don’t have much as far a exercise going for me I am very sedentary except for going to the dr and physical therapy and going up and down the stairs which I have noticed that is in the app for cardio but just really wanted to say Hello

Ahhh I lost my LONG comment bc I pushed done instead of post!!! Ahhhh!!! Welcome to the community! It is nice to see someone who needs to lose more than a hundred, like myself. I feel really behind bc everyone is already so small and close to goal weight lol but they are super encouraging;) I have 215 lbs to lose at least. I too am sedentary and am going to focus on counting cals until i am comfortable in that before moving on to the next step of exercise. I dont qasnt to put so much on my plate i quit lol but do you for sure ;) helllooooooo :blush:
  • AshTheBibliomaniac
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    Just starting, ultimate goal is 235 to lose. Living in OKC, coming out of a dark last 3 years of life, ready to kick some weight.

Holy smokes it is like you just spoke my truth!!! Welcome yo my world buddy haha
  • iRyanS
    iRyanS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Looking to lose 235 lbs in total. Started at 425 lbs, currently down to 334.5 lbs in 5 months. We got this! Good luck with your journey!
  • barbsintx
    barbsintx Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Ahhh I lost my LONG comment bc I pushed done instead of post!!! Ahhhh!!! Welcome to the community! It is nice to see someone who needs to lose more than a hundred, like myself. I feel really behind bc everyone is already so small and close to goal weight lol but they are super encouraging;) I have 215 lbs to lose at least. I too am sedentary and am going to focus on counting cals until i am comfortable in that before moving on to the next step of exercise. I dont qasnt to put so much on my plate i quit lol but do you for sure ;) helllooooooo :blush: