Black coffee drinkers

13»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I think you just need to experiment. I love starbucks veranda blend (that's the only starbucks coffee I like though, all others taste burnt to me). I also am on a HUGE cold brew kick right now. It tastes better cold brewed.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Also they taste better fresh. So if you can, get a coffee grinder and buy whole beans. and store it in the freezer. I have yet to do this for some reason. You can also buy the coffee in bulk at the grocery store where they have a grinder. I don't like the bulk coffee at my grocery store though.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Also they taste better fresh. So if you can, get a coffee grinder and buy whole beans. and store it in the freezer. I have yet to do this for some reason. You can also buy the coffee in bulk at the grocery store where they have a grinder. I don't like the bulk coffee at my grocery store though.

Grinders don't need to be expensive, either. I bought a Moulinex in a health food store for grinding coffee/seeds/nuts in the 1970s - yes, 40 yrs or so ago. It's long been a coffee-only unit and works great in all of its 70s orange plastic garishness. It's so old that it became retro-chic some time ago, LOL. Must have spent all of about $8 or $9 on it, so, even with inflation, not much. Refrigeration/freezing does retard the oils going rancid a bit, but be sure you use airtight containers - with as little extra airspace as possible - to keep the refrigerator moisture and "mustiness" out of the flavor.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    There is only one answer to the OP's question. The best part of waking up...
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I like the Keurig President's Choice Maple flavor, not too strong, just perfect.