Do you ever feel like you want to just eat all day? I Do :(

Options
I can honestly say I am having a hard time controlling my eating! I have anxiety which make me want to munch all day but also I feel like I am always hungry when I am clearly not as I have eaten all day. My doc put me on Phentermine to control my nasty eating habit but seriously I think maybe I should go for some advice because I clearly might have an eating disorder.

I seriously feel really bad as I feel like I don't know when to stop eating and another thing is I never feel full.... Please share some advice!

Replies

• nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I feel your pain....... HUNGRY, HUNGRY, HUNGRY!

Don't leave your dog near me, I might eat him too!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I do. All the time and it sucks!
  • kristina509
    kristina509 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time with the same thing. I am an emotional eater, and things have been really rough lately so I've had a hard time controlling it. It helps staying active, and also trying to avoid doing things that make you want to eat, say getting on the computer, etc.

Good luck to you!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. Drink lots of water and turn you obsession for eating into working out. Find some fun exercises that you will want to do, make some goals that you will want to meet. and have fun.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think you should treat your anxiety first. If you are eating because you are anxious, just go to the root of the problem and see if that clears it up. A little therapy certainly can't hurt. If you really do have an eating disorder, you really need to seek help for that. There are lots of psychologists out there that are capable of treating it, so if you don't find the help you need, keep looking, because it is out there.

I don't think I have an eating disorder, but I do find that I eat out of boredom sometimes. I find the best way to take care of that is to stay busy with exercise or a hobby. Passive activities, like surfing the internet or watching TV do not keep me out of the food. However, exercising or picking up crochet hooks will keep me too busy to eat and my mind is occupied with whatever it is that I'm doing.

I find that losing weight is part of a greater scheme of taking care of myself in general. That means, not just eating better and exercising more, but also taking more time to relax, enjoy my hobbies, and spend time with loved ones.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    This happened to me today! TOM, emotional day, and bored...I just try to keep busy, stay out of the kitchen/house, and get active! If I do grab food, I go for healthy.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I noticed that the more protein I eat.. the less cravings and continuous eating habits I have. For example, for breakfast I have a 42g protein shake and that will last me till noon. I used to think I had to have two snacks before lunch to hold me over. Now I focus more on protein. And when I get hungry in the afternoon I drink a ready-to-drink EAS protein shake or Muscle Milk H2O water, it will hold me over till dinner time. I don't need to snack anymore.

I noticed the bad carbs would keep me grazing all day and feeling SO hungry. I'm not saying I'm a "no carb" eater now, I just focus more on good protein. Lots of protein last longer for me.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater as well. When I am angry or upset is when I have the biggest problems. Phentermine will not help with emotional eating because it is an appetite suppressant, and can not control your emotions. I am learning to find something to keep me busy... cleaning, crafting, exercise. If you are feeling hungry and you know you shouldn't be, try drinking some water. I know it's not an easy battle but you have a lot of people here to help you. We are all in this together... just holler!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It takes alot of control to not do it. But that is why I have a complete cheat day, and I mean DAY so that the rest of the week is better kept within the calories. Example: yesterday I ate almost 800 calories more than I'm allotted. But today I'm under by about 350. Tomorrow, will be around the same to keep it balanced. I lost 20 over 4 months which is only 5 a month, but I'm happier keeping on this schedule so that I don't just give up altogether. I crave carbs and I'm not that big on the fruits and veggies. So on the cheat day, I'll have carbs galore to get those cravings out of the way. :)
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Turn on some music and Dance your *kitten* off....like nobody's watching....not even ghosts. Heck, the ghost will be jammin right along with you..lol. seriously..it really takes your mind off of food!!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way... like I ate all day but right now I feel hungry, soo... I am sticking with this water. My daughter left me this chocloate thing infront of me, and it is looking at me and I am trying sooo hard to ignore it lol.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I too had a hard time with this in the beginning. I used to be a BIG muncher! I learned to channel my energy and anxiety and focus it toward working out and running. It gives me more calories to eat as well as keeps me busy so I don't much all the time.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Since I started eating good food, I feel like I do eat all day long. I eat mostly fruits and vegetables, and I get up and get something every 60-90 minutes, all day long. The key for me seems to be to eat small portions of fruit. So I will get up and get 5 cherries or 5 olives from the fridge, and try to take 5-10 minutes to eat them. You can't scarf it down, and you can't eat crap that is full of added sugar and fat. But I seriously feel like I am eating all day, but my calorie balance always seems to work out.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    It takes alot of control to not do it. But that is why I have a complete cheat day, and I mean DAY so that the rest of the week is better kept within the calories. Example: yesterday I ate almost 800 calories more than I'm allotted. But today I'm under by about 350. Tomorrow, will be around the same to keep it balanced. I lost 20 over 4 months which is only 5 a month, but I'm happier keeping on this schedule so that I don't just give up altogether. I crave carbs and I'm not that big on the fruits and veggies. So on the cheat day, I'll have carbs galore to get those cravings out of the way. :)

I like that...Cheat days are awesome rewards......they work remarkably well..because they keep you from cheating throughout the week.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I agree with CoraGregory: all calories are NOT created equal! You need to adjust your ratio of carbs to fat to protein.

Carbs provide quick bursts of energy. They were great for when our ancestors worked all day in the fields or doing manual labor. But now, you really only need to eat them right before a workout. All the rest of the time, you can get slow, steady-burning, sitting-in-front-of-a-computer-all-day energy from eating protein instead. Protein fills you up longer & keeps you from getting hungry.

I was diagnosed with hyperinsulinemia, and to treat it, my doctor put me on a diet of 5% carbs, 30% fat, 65% protein. And he told me to eat a certain amount of protein every 3 hrs while I'm awake. And for me, that was the key. I am NEVER hungry any more. In fact, I've had to set the alarm on my phone or I will forget to eat at all!

So try avoiding breads and sugars, even keep fruit to a minimum, and try keeping high-protein snacks around instead: cheese cubes, beef jerky, almonds or peanuts, hard-boiled eggs, plain Greek yogurt, etc. See if that helps keep you satisfied.

Good luck!
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    I feel the same way... like I ate all day but right now I feel hungry, soo... I am sticking with this water. My daughter left me this chocloate thing infront of me, and it is looking at me and I am trying sooo hard to ignore it lol.

Smack that chocolate thing, and call it a day. I know that didn't sound right....kinda freaky soundin..........but smack it..it won't look as yummy if it's all messed up. Lol
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    if you feel constantly hungry all the time and never full... I suffered the same problem for almost 7 yrs- along with chronic fatigue and starving (my tummy literally growling all the time) and constant failure which I blamed on my lack of will power. And anxiety. You may want to check out gluten intolerance or celiacs disease. I remember 3 days after quitting all gluten I looked at my husband and said "I am not hungry. At all! And it is awesome." no more fatigue, anxiety has lessened a lot and am now able to watch what I eat. Skin cleared up, I have energy and most importantly, willpower. One out of every 110 people are Celiacs. One out of I think 70 are gluten intolerant and one out of 23 are gluten sensitive. You might want to check it out and holler is you need any info.
  • angiematwij
    Options
    I am the same way. I do pretty good during the day because I am at work and only bring my food with me. But when I get home OMG all i want to do is it. I am a stress eater. Having a hard time with that too!
  • ttoombs777
    Options
    superhippiechick, how have you lost 60 pounds?? that is so fantastic, thats how much i have to loose, and i pray i never find it when its gone, ,, lol and omgness i love food and do want to eat all the time,
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Smack that chocolate thing, and call it a day. I know that didn't sound right....kinda freaky soundin..........but smack it..it won't look as yummy if it's all messed up. Lol

Lol I gave it to my hubby instead... I just made me a bowl of fruit!!