New low on scale but belly still looks big

Options
I hit a new low on the scale today! But my belly in the progress pictures still look the same.

Anyone else?

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Oh, you have a conure? Me too! I have 4. Anyway, maybe the belly is the last place to slim out on you. That's not something you can control as it is genetic. Maybe you are just bloated. Certain foods might be the cause.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Belly fat needs a lot of dedication. I am fine with a little chub.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    Is it bellyfat, lack of muscle that keeps all your innards properly in place or poor posture?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    A new low on the scale could mean many things. You lost fat but it came from your feet and shoulders. You're a little dehydrated. Less food in transit in your digestive system. Some or all of the above plus other factors, most likely. Give it time. Unfortunately we don't get to choose the order our body finds fat cells to deplete.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I took measurements and according to them I am the same size. So I definitely did that wrong because I’ve lost 30lbs and a clothing size.

My body is also absolutely still the same shape. My stomach is large. But it’s always been large. It may continue to be proportionately large as I lose. Given by how shirts fit, not how my body looks minimally clothed in progress pictures, I think my stomach is smaller. But absolutely if I do what you did, same pose with it all out, it looks the same because the proportions are the same. The only place I can see my weight loss is my face.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Certain foods make me bloated. Some days my belly feels completely flat and the rest of me is blah and other days it's just my belly making me feel defeated in my journey. It depends on what I've eaten a lot of the time.