How did you determine your Target Weight?!

Options
2»

Replies

• AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm just using the mirror ! :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I picked 146. It's a ligther weight than I was in middle school even. I was lighter then that weight my last few years of high school but I was highly active. I know I can get to that weight easily again and maintain it. :) IT's the middle of my healthy weight BMI.
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I picked the weight at which I felt the most comfortable with myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with what your target weight should be? Did you use the BMI chart? Did your doctor tell you? I used both. According to the BMI chart a woman of my height should be 177lbs. My doctor said if I could get under 190lbs he'd be happy. So I combined the two and I am working to loose 100lbs and be 170lbs by 2014!!
    Took my LEAN BODY mass and chose the body fat % I wanted to be.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The first time, it was the weight I was in 9th grade before I first started getting chubby (which I know wouldn't be good for most people but I already had a womanly body, and was almost to my full height by then). Then I got there, it was good, and now I'm trying to get back.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I set my original target weight at 140 lbs, not because it's mid BMI range or anything technical, but because at my slimmest I weighed 133 lbs and was happy, but that was 10 years ago! I recently got down to 147 lbs and was smaller than I was before!!

I didn't really go by my target weight at all, I went by how I looked and felt!