125lbs - 156.5lbs in 2 years, cutting starts today

Options
I’ve always been a small guy with a bit of a six pack because I was skinny. I finally decided to do something about it after graduating high school weighing 125lbs (56.7kgs). College cane with free gym membership so I took advantage, two years later I’m weighing 156.5lbs (71kg). I plan on cutting 5lbs to get cuts and 6 pack showing.
bau7chkmsfyl.jpeg

Replies

• EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good progress! What's your plan/timescale on the cut?
  • Drypotato
    Drypotato Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    EmmaCaz4 wrote: »

Thanks, I’m trying to get it done in two weeks but I’m willing to bet I can do it in one week cause my metabolism is ridiculous which makes weight loss a breez.

• natethebait
    natethebait Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’ve just started week 2 in bulking. What kind of routine did you follow?

• Drypotato
    Options

For the majority of it I did a very slow bulk just working out like twice a week sometimes 3 times while drinking a scoop of protein powder with milk and a banana after the work out and put on 15lbs in a year. The second year I kept on the same slow bulk with more distruptions and gained a bet weight of 5lbs. When summer came along this year I singed up for a gym membership and have been going to the gym 5x a week. I’ve been drinking an all natural mass gainer everyday made with
    1.5 cups of quick oatmeal
    a banana
    1/2 cup of Oikos yogurt
    1.5 scoops of protein powder
    1 cup of whole milk
    =1000 calories

And have gained 10lbs in 6 weeks
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Drypotato wrote: »

For the majority of it I did a very slow bulk just working out like twice a week sometimes 3 times while drinking a scoop of protein powder with milk and a banana after the work out and put on 15lbs in a year. The second year I kept on the same slow bulk with more distruptions and gained a bet weight of 5lbs. When summer came along this year I singed up for a gym membership and have been going to the gym 5x a week. I’ve been drinking an all natural mass gainer everyday made with
    a banana
    1/2 cup of Oikos yogurt
    1 cup of whole milk
    =1000 calories

Not sure how you are drinking that recipe... that's not a drinkable shake but more of a thick porridge. ;)

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Thanks, I’m trying to get it done in two weeks but I’m willing to bet I can do it in one week cause my metabolism is ridiculous which makes weight loss a breez.

2 weeks??..there will be no appreciable fat loss in two weeks. little water and glycogen and a touch of fat is about it. Slow and steady to retain muscle. 4-6+ weeks at least.
  • Drypotato
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

a banana
    1/2 cup of Oikos yogurt
    1 cup of whole milk
    =1000 calories

Not sure how you are drinking that recipe... that's not a drinkable shake but more of a thick porridge. ;)

I’m sorry i forgot to mention I blend it 😂😂

I take the oatmeal and dry blend it into powder then mix it with my protein powder before adding to the rest of the ingredients. The final product is just as thick or less thick than the average fruit shake.
  • Drypotato
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »

2 weeks??..there will be no appreciable fat loss in two weeks. little water and glycogen and a touch of fat is about it. Slow and steady to retain muscle. 4-6+ weeks at least.

Today is day 5 and I have lost 2.5lbs, I’m willing to put money on me reaching my 5lb goal but you may be right about appreciation. I may have to go lower than 5 to get my body fat % under 15%