Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Yay or Nay: Child Fitness Monitors

13»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I think it could be a good thing to some. My stepdaughter is 10 and weighs 130 lbs. She would likely enjoy wearing something like that and feel like it would help her. Her doctor isn't any help at all. They never encourage her to exercise. They just say get in 1 hour of exercise per day even if it's dancing in the livingroom. Can't really take them seriously. I honestly wish we had more help with her.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I think it could be a good thing to some. My stepdaughter is 10 and weighs 130 lbs. She would likely enjoy wearing something like that and feel like it would help her. Her doctor isn't any help at all. They never encourage her to exercise. They just say get in 1 hour of exercise per day even if it's dancing in the livingroom. Can't really take them seriously. I honestly wish we had more help with her.

If she moved an hour, along with her parents/other adults in her life helping her with her diet there would not be an issue.