Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Dietland" book and AMC series

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I'm up to epsidode 5 - I didn't care for the Makeover part in the book but found it more palatable in the show. Not sure if that is because they gave it more context or a different spin.

I like the way the show has expanded the Kitty character. I was a fan of Julianna Margulies from Good Wife. Interested to see where it goes, not that I think she will (or should be) transformed into a decent human being.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    My OH and I haven't been watching together, but he did watch part of an earlier one with me and liked it. Anyone see the latest episode, "Red Fatties"? I started watching it earlier and thought it would be a good one to watch together as the beginning had interesting gender politics and I thought it would make for a good discussion. Boy did it ever.

I'm going to call the last scene The Incident rather than what it actually was to give anyone who hasn't seen the episode fair warning that spoilers will follow in subsequent posts.

So in discussing The Incident, I found it interesting that my OH and I were both expecting more out of our own genders than of the other. I'll expand should a discussion ensue.

(Note: "expect more" /= "blame")
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Unapologetic with Aisha Tyler discusses the Dietland episode shown the same evening, similar to The Talking Dead discussing the latest Walking Dead episode. It does help to watch the episode being discussed.