First day (AGAIN...)

Options
I want to lose 50lb by Christmas and am assured it is possible?? I am going to try and focus on cutting sugar, I have such a sweet tooth and the more I have the more I crave, not forgetting how it packs weight on to me! Am in France first week in September with all slim family and friends so I'll be the elephant in the garden, AGAIN...not next year, I will lose this excess weight. Will try to include an hour a day walking, come rain or shine to help move it along. Feel free to comment, advise. Good luck to all you slimmers!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 50 pounds by December? Maybe, how much do you have to lose - what's your height and weight? If it's not possible, what will you do? If it's possible, you still have to log correctly and be patient.

Along with the deadline, I would ditch the sugar fear. Weight is controlled by calorie deficit, and the less you choose to think about, outside what's important to think about, the greater is your chance of success.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    If sugar is a trigger for you, then I would stay away from it and find some fruits to satisfy your urge for sweets. I don't know if it is possible to lose 50 lbs by December - a lot depends on your metabolism and how closely you are able to keep a food log. But I feel sure if anyone can do it, you will be able to since you have a real reason for doing so. If you get the urge to indulge, just remember - a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. :smile:
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same here I lost 70 in 7 months in 2012 but have slowly creeped back problem 5 years older (52) and my metabolism is slower but I am going to stick with it