Insane hunger

Options
I am getting too hungry for no reason and I don't know why.

It's absolutely insane. And it makes IT kind of brutal.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Are you eating all your calories (1790) every day? Try switching cookies and similar with "real" food if you eat it every day.

What does the hunger feel like? Do you feel dizzy, unfocused, lethargic, cold? Headache, irritable? Or is it just stomach rumbling, or cravings?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am getting too hungry for no reason and I don't know why.

It's absolutely insane. And it makes IT kind of brutal.

you haven't logged for the last week, when did the hunger start?
  • ChubbyRose84
    ChubbyRose84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am not quite sure. The cookies was only last night.
  • Rita7Denise
    Rita7Denise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to get such cravings of hunger or "wants for a snack". My dietician told me that folks recovering from anorexia were surprised at the fierce feelings of hunger they got. so it may be some what "normal". :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am not quite sure. The cookies was only last night.

Maybe try logging everything, ensure you're getting enough fat, protein and fibre
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I get fiercly hungry when I eat fast digesting food. I find that whole food in general digest much slower, so try going back to basic (I haven't checked your journal, so you might be doing it already).

Try eating more fruits and veggies, they are high in fiber which combined with protein slow down digestion.

Drink plenty of water, we tend to feel hungry when we are thirsty.

I eat carbs because I personnaly feel fuller and more statisfied when eating them. But like I said, I prefer whole food so potatoes are great, rice as well, over bread or pasta. Grains like quinoa, or even rice, is a great addition to bulk up a salad.

At the end of the day, look back what you ate and try to remember if you felt hungry soon after your meal or not. When you felt satisfied for a long time, that I great meal to eat again.

Good luck!