Starting Again

Options
Good evening
I have lost 10 pounds this summer and then for the past week I have lost my motivation. I am hoping that being part of this group will help. I am 65 years old and have battled with weight all my life. I also struggle with fibro and arthritis. I know that any weight I lose will make it easier on my joints. Anyone out there experiencing some of the same issues?

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 with bad knees and fibro. I gained a lot of weight during a year long fibro flare and knees that left me barely able to walk some days. I feel confident that weight loss will help my knees - I don't know if it will help the fibro. So far so good and I haven't had a flare in well over a month.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 71 next week, we can do this, it is harder as you get older but still doable. Good luck
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I would investigate if what you are doing, is what has made you lose motivation to stick to eating less/moving more. If you want to troubleshoot with us, tell us what you have been doing, and how and why you like/dislike the different parts.
  • Sulkysiren71
    Sulkysiren71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 29. Been struggling with my weight since my teens. Been trying to conceive since April 2010, but been slowly gaining weight making my chances or conceiving or ivf harder. I need to loose 6stone. Hoping this group will keep me motivated as I loose it so easily.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 29. Been struggling with my weight since my teens. Been trying to conceive since April 2010, but been slowly gaining weight making my chances or conceiving or ivf harder. I need to loose 6stone. Hoping this group will keep me motivated as I loose it so easily.
    Don't rely on motivation, it is easily lost. Don't rely on other people for things you have to do yourself. To lose and maintain weight, you have to eat less (and move more), and that's something you have to do yourself. Instead of saying you're "struggling with weight", accept that you're eating too much, and figure out why, and how you can eat less without impeding your quality of life.