Ladies that use Kettlebells!

Options
laurasurga
laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
Please give me some inspiration and motivation. I bought an 8kg kettlebell the other day to start heavy lifting.
Have any of you had success with them and can you post pics?
Hopefully I can add my own success pics in a few months time 😃

Replies

• OncologyChick
    OncologyChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebell swings 3x a week. I follow the workouts of Tracy Reifkind (the swing). I started out with 8kg bells and after 15 workouts I moved up to 12kg (and started with workout #1 again).
    No pictures to show :wink: , but you just have to believe me.... it helps toning your body. It's intensive but doable!!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    KB workouts are great.

As you progress, you'll notice the need to increase your KB weight.
    My swings are with 20kg (5x20), or 24kg (5x15), anything lower feels weird/even throws off my balance.

I am focusing on my triceps, so I like to do swing and press: 10kg 5x10.

I incorporate KB swing in between my weight training sets to keep my heart rate up.

I'm 5', 117#.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I loooooove my kettlebells!!! My sister is a personal trainer and gave me some workouts to do (swings, rows, Russian twists, extensions, figure 8’s, deadlifts). Has made a huge difference!
  • laurasurga
    Options
    qv8zdhgsgxju.jpeg

Wow you look amazing! I can see how toned your legs are. Fingers crossed it works for me.
    I’ve done a 30 min workout and my thighs and glutes are burning lol
  • laurasurga
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Here is my site. With information and videos. I follow Pavel Tsatsouline Kettlebell Simple and Sinister progressive overload.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

I am 60 years old and Swing 45 pound Kettlebell now. Which is a little over 20kg.

WOW!!!!! I’ve just looks at your pics and read the thread! Amazing. I’m so inspired.
    I don’t go to the gym, I just work out at home so I doubt I’ll get into strong lifts.
    I have every intention of working my way up the kettlebell weights though.
    I will have a look into the program you suggest.
    Thanks so much!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    laurasurga wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Here is my site. With information and videos. I follow Pavel Tsatsouline Kettlebell Simple and Sinister progressive overload.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

I am 60 years old and Swing 45 pound Kettlebell now. Which is a little over 20kg.

WOW!!!!! I’ve just looks at your pics and read the thread! Amazing. I’m so inspired.
    I don’t go to the gym, I just work out at home so I doubt I’ll get into strong lifts.
    I have every intention of working my way up the kettlebell weights though.
    I will have a look into the program you suggest.
    Thanks so much!

If you have any questions let me know. Good luck!
  • laurasurga
    Options
    Thank you! I’ll check them out. I’ve been doing one by HASfit but only a 15 min one then I’ve been doing two 10 min ones (all back to back) by ChiChi if you’ve heard of him.
    I’ll defo have a go at these. I like to mix things up 😃
  • LovingReds
    LovingReds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know Chi Chi he is really good as well! I love Fitness blender too really clear instructions and lots of workouts for every mood.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi @laurasurga if I can ask you and others what weight you started with. I'd love to try and I see an "official" page recommend 18kg but that seems really high. And I'm a fairly strong, muscular woman. Thoughts? Thanks and have a great day.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    At CrossFit he has me on 20 or 25 lbs ones for the standard swing.
  • laurasurga
    Options
    peggym4640 wrote: »
    Hi @laurasurga if I can ask you and others what weight you started with. I'd love to try and I see an "official" page recommend 18kg but that seems really high. And I'm a fairly strong, muscular woman. Thoughts? Thanks and have a great day.

I’ve started with 8kg (18lb) it’s fine for everything I’ve been doing so far. I just find it a bit too heavy for bicep curls at the moment. I can just manage to do the overhead presses (one arm)
    I definitely feel like I’ve worked out after using it!

I had very little upper body strength but I’ve been working on some endurance exercises first and build up on a few push ups. I’ve been doing the ones with knees on the floor, feet in the air. I could only do 3 when I started and I’m up to 45 now. Maybe that will give you a bit of a guide?
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I appreciate the posts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!