Update Stronglifts and Kettlebell transformation! Pictures!

Options
fanncy0626
fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
October 2014 north of 190!
2faf16i9dfra.jpeg

May 2015 135 pounds size 5-7

tpubdm898m41.jpeg

Stronglifts and Kettlebell not sure what I weigh last weight 139 in June. First size 0!
1uxon3fb4doc.jpeg

I use to do 3-4 hours of cardio type workouts a day before I discovered heavy lifting and I am basically lazy so it was a no brainier for me! Cardio is waaaay too much work for results that can be attained with weight lifting and Kettlebell with a lot less work and time.
This is the thread that got me on the road to weight lifting and kicked 24 hours of cardio to the curb!
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky#latest
Every other day I swing the Kettlebell for 25 minutes. It really is only 20 seconds per minute of work time. Which really amounts to 8 minutes and 20 seconds total work time. On my Stronglifts days which I alternate every other day, I combine lifting with Kettlebell swings. It takes around an hour and 10 minutes for workout A and an hour for workout B. I do 22sets , a lift and a Kettlebell swing for workout A, work time of 30 seconds X 22 = 11 minutes of actual work. The rest is setting up weights and rest time. Workout B is 30 seconds X 19 = 9 1/2 minutes of actual work. Plus lifting heavy gets my heart rate up and the muscle/strength training has an after burn of calories due to muscle repair.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-tips/lift-heavy-lose-more-fat

So, in reality I really only workout at the most 8-11 minutes each day!

By the way I'm turning 59 in November!

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You're awesome Fancy!!
  • ritaelsaadi
    ritaelsaadi Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wow congrats! I'm turning 29 in November and I'm not even that size! Congrats:)
  • ritaelsaadi
    ritaelsaadi Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I hope to inspire people like me that really aren't cardio lovers. And still want dramatic results!
    sfa90 wrote: »
    You look amazing! How heavy is your kettlebell?

Right now I am using the 35lb. I am on my 3rd week of increasing reps (actually the 11th week because I'm on the 3rd 5-week program) so I can transition to my 40lb after 4th week of my program. I do 3- 5 week programs (modified to 4 because 5th week is a deload week) which makes it 12 weeks to increase to the next size Kettlebell.
  • Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous! Amazing work! Good job!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You have done a splendid job! Congrats!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You look awesome Fancy further proving that heavy lifting is it.
  • Madux1818
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I hope to inspire people like me that really aren't cardio lovers. And still want dramatic results!
    sfa90 wrote: »
    You look amazing! How heavy is your kettlebell?

Right now I am using the 35lb. I am on my 3rd week of increasing reps (actually the 11th week because I'm on the 3rd 5-week program) so I can transition to my 40lb after 4th week of my program. I do 3- 5 week programs (modified to 4 because 5th week is a deload week) which makes it 12 weeks to increase to the next size Kettlebell.

Which program are you doing, I'll be getting e
    Some kettle bells soon.
  • xpetrax
    xpetrax Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you workout at home or gym?
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad you posted this - I hate cardio and was hoping I could find other women who have reshaped their bodies using mostly weights. Awesome!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was just thinking about adding cardio in and may do some kettle bell swings instead! I'm doing SL MWF and could do KBs tues thurs...thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Based on your success (and legs) I'm going to get a Kettleball tomorrow and pray I don't chuck it through the garage door. What weight did you start with? Do you need multiple weights to start? Did you start with an instructor, or just follow these videos?

My brother showed me how to do the swing and told me to get the book by Pavel Tsatsouline. I read that and just followed his 5 weeks program as stated above. If you go to the gym they usually have Kettlebell of various sizes. Practice form with a light weight Kettlebell for a week or dumbbell just like in Stronglifts he has you use just the bar. Watch the videos several times. By the end of the week you should have an idea of how heavy to start with. If you lift at all and are buying one I would get a 25 lb. Kettlebell. I am waiting to pick up my set of 40, 45, and 50. I go slow and advance about every 12 weeks. Follow the 5week program like I did and you will steadily get strong, lean and won't throw the Kettlebell through your garage door!
    Awesome! I was just thinking about adding cardio in and may do some kettle bell swings instead! I'm doing SL MWF and could do KBs tues thurs...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Your welcome! The Kettlebell will enhance and help develop strength to increase your lifts!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous! What a transformation! What were your eating habits like along the way? Also, what did you do to maintain such nice tone in your face? Many people who lose that much weight look great from the neck down but their face looks drawn and aged but that did not happen with you. What did you do to prevent that? Also, how long did it take do from start to current weight? After knowing what you know now, woukd have ditched the cardio from the beginning and went straight with lifting and kettlebells?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626

You are proof of how to get things done, and you look fantastic!
  • Madux1818
    Options
    Thanks for the videos, will definitely incorporate them into my routine. You are such an inspiration , for sure lifting is it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!