JM 30 Day Shred Results

Options
I'm thinking about doing the JM 30 day shred workout. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it and had good results with it? Can you please post pics of results after completing the full 30 days or DVD? Thank you!!

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My results are in my signature. Just click the link. :)

It's tough, but do-able. I wouldn't recommend doing any other high-impact workouts with it unless you are already conditioned to it, but it is really effective and a great jump-start to losing weight or as a way to tone and firm up after and while losing weight.
  • MiAmorDeanna
    MiAmorDeanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 inches from it no lbs. It got boring after the 30 days and found myself knowing all the words to the video! LOL.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will be on L1D2 of 30DS. I have good results with it, so I'm really hoping! Because last night was hard! And today I hurt but tonight I think will be even harder because I'm still feeling the burn so I'll have to work through the burn tonight! She kicks your butt!
  • rinabach
    Options
  • rinabach
    Options
    My results are in my signature. Just click the link. :)

It's tough, but do-able. I wouldn't recommend doing any other high-impact workouts with it unless you are already conditioned to it, but it is really effective and a great jump-start to losing weight or as a way to tone and firm up after and while losing weight.

Your results r great! I just ordered mine from amazon after seeing it!

n Thanks for asking april, i've wanted to know for ages, but never asked! :)
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Im on day 9, level 1. lost 4lbs in first 5 days, but back up 3lbs. Might be muscle weight, don't know, I've been really hungry too! Definately notice a big difference in muscle tone and strength already. For those just starting out, hang in there (don't phone it in, ha ha) it does get easier. The burn subsides & it gets a little easier to keep up with natalie. I am ready to move on to level 2 the day after tmrw, ready to change it up.
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    OMG. I started it today Day 1 for me (Literally doing it now) ! And not even half way into Level 1.. Well maybe it's half way, I have a headache and my left side by my hip already hurts. She's a psycho! But I love it.. She said no breaks, but I'm taking 5. Haha.
  • april925
    april925 Posts: 28
    Options
    No problem, I've been thinking about doing it for a few days now. and I finally ordered mines today! :)
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    Sorry...can't answer your question BUT I am starting today :)

I'm curious if anyone has any input on what other exercises they did in addition to 30DS. I've heard doing extra cardio is really effective since the video is only like 20 min of mostly strengthening/toning.
  • april925
    Options
    @Kayler OMG!! that sounds like something I would do ;) Don't give up!! I can't wait to start it, Hopefully I stick to it too!!
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday and would like to see others results as well.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Im on day 9, level 1. lost 4lbs in first 5 days, but back up 3lbs. Might be muscle weight, don't know, I've been really hungry too! Definately notice a big difference in muscle tone and strength already. For those just starting out, hang in there (don't phone it in, ha ha) it does get easier. The burn subsides & it gets a little easier to keep up with natalie. I am ready to move on to level 2 the day after tmrw, ready to change it up.

Not likely a gain of muscle weight unfortunately, it is more likely that the first loss was water weight and your true loss was 1 pound... keep at it though
  • MiAmorDeanna
    Options
    Do you have Time Warner? Movies on demand (Showtime, HBO etc.) If so go to Channel 950. . Go to ExerciseTv and go to the Jillian Michaels section. FREE videos. 6 week 6 pack, Boost Metabolism, 30 day shred!
  • april925
    Options
    I started it yesterday and would like to see others results as well.

Good Luck!! :)
  • april925
    Options
    Do you have Time Warner? Movies on demand (Showtime, HBO etc.) If so go to Channel 950. . Go to ExerciseTv and go to the Jillian Michaels section. FREE videos. 6 week 6 pack, Boost Metabolism, 30 day shred!
    [/quote

Hmm...I'm going to have to check this out. Thank you! :)
  • MiAmorDeanna
    Options
    It has many many workouts! Some look boring but they are killer and wonderful. You'll love it :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 level 1 but cant do anything that requires jumping becuz i have a swollen ankle so instead i do boxing or the standing arm pulls when that section is on..been with mfp 28days lost 5lbs but since starting 30ds ive also gained 2lbs:( hope to see some weight loss SOON and have great results at the end!!
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    I've done 7 days of level 1 so far and can see a difference already. I'm not going to weigh myself until full 30 days, mainly because I need a new scale.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Sorry...can't answer your question BUT I am starting today :)

I'm curious if anyone has any input on what other exercises they did in addition to 30DS. I've heard doing extra cardio is really effective since the video is only like 20 min of mostly strengthening/toning.

I ran through a good portion of the program, every other day. If I didn't run, I bicycled or power walked. Because it is such a high-impact workout, my body really started to get upset in the middle of level 3. I stopped doing anything but 30DS about day 5 or 6 of level 3 and now I'm taking a full week off to give my legs a chance to recover. I was having a lot of knee, shin, and ankle problems at the end.

I think it depends on how conditioned your body is to high impact workouts already. Mine really was not. I ran three times a week for about 20-30 minutes each run for about a month before I started 30DS and found that as the program progressed, so too did my leg pain. Because of that, I ended up dropping down to the lower intensity version of the workout (Anita) through most of level 2 and pretty much all of level 3. It isn't that I couldn't hang with Natalie (well, sometimes "hanging" was subjective lol), it's that post workout I felt absolutely terrible. I even went to the doctor and got x-rays to make sure I didn't have a stress fracture.

There are others in the group I was doing this with who were able to run through the whole program, though. I guess you can try it and see, but then if you find that you're suffering a bit too much you can decrease your additional workout time, intensity, or distance. I really wanted to finish the program in 30 days, and I've taken longer than a week or 2 off running in my life and picked it right back up, so that is the choice I made. :)
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have had this workout for years but have never commited myself to doing it for 30 days straight. I have wanted to do it alot more recently to switch up my work outs but I am afraid my neighbor might get annoyed me me bouncing around LOL -- Used to be in a slab house now I have a crawlspace duplex..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!