Not loosing weight at all...

Options
Hey guys.
I have come to MyFitnessPal as a saviour..
because that's my last option of trying to loose the excess weight..
I had a C-Section and post that it's three years o have gained a lot of weight ... and now I am struggling to loose that extra bit...
Need motivation and support..

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing so far to lose weight?
  • swatiaroramalik
    swatiaroramalik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for the last 3 months to see no results at all... stuck at 73.5-74.00 kgs. With a small height that weight looks like a lot .. My doctor has asked me to check for PCOD.. let's hope everything is normal ..
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? Do you use a food scale?

Can you open your diary so we can see what you eat?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You LOSE weight when you eat in a calorie deficit. MFP has given you a calorie target that is a calorie deficit for you. You lose weight over time if you stick to that amount of calories. If you ignore it, or log incorrectly, you won't lose weight.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for the last 3 months to see no results at all... stuck at 73.5-74.00 kgs.

OK, but have you also been eating less?

To lose weight, you need to be taking in fewer calories than you expend in exercise. If you take up exercise, but eat more as well, you'll get fitter but not smaller.

If you've lost no weight for three months, you're eating at maintenance. You need to eat at least 250 calories below maintenance to see a steady loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Measure your foods, eat less, exercise more.
  • swatiaroramalik
    Options
    I have been eating moderate.. I am opening my diary.. please suggest where am I going wrong
  • swatiaroramalik
    Options
    MFP has given me target of 1200 and I always end up eating around 1100 calories. Should I be eating even less then that ??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have been eating moderate.. I am opening my diary.. please suggest where am I going wrong

It looks like you are using a lot of database entries created by other people for the dishes that you eat frequently. You have no way of knowing how accurate those entries are, so you may be eating more calories than you think you are. Do you make your own food? If so, I recommend using Recipe Builder to create more accurate entries based on your actual recipes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

How are you measuring the food you eat? Eyeballing? Measuring cups? Food scale?

Check out this thread...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A few things from your diary:

-you aren't weighing your foods. Purchase a food scale and start using it for everything
    -lots of generic or homemade entries. Vegetable sandwich? Salad? Unless you created these recipes you have no idea what was included to hit these calorie counts. Vanilla ice cream at 145 calories...possibly for some brands, but others will be higher (and should also be weighed out)
    -at least one meal not logged in the past week
  • swatiaroramalik
    Options

It looks like you are using a lot of database entries created by other people for the dishes that you eat frequently. You have no way of knowing how accurate those entries are, so you may be eating more calories than you think you are. Do you make your own food? If so, I recommend using Recipe Builder to create more accurate entries based on your actual recipes.

Yes I have been using entries created by others .. I things that's the best thing create you own entries using recipe finder..

Food scale to measures that new.. Let me amazon it to find a food scale to try to be even more accurate ..
    Actually I was eye balling the food I eat..That's the way I have been measuring my food
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yes I have been using entries created by others .. I things that's the best thing create you own entries using recipe finder..

Food scale to measures that new.. Let me amazon it to find a food scale to try to be even more accurate ..
    Actually I was eye balling the food I eat..That's the way I have been measuring my food

Problem solved.