I feel sick when eating a certain amount of calories at once

Options
Hi guys so lately something kind of strange has been happening. I’ve been trying to lose weight for a while now and ever since I moved house last week I’ve been taking things more seriously and eating healthier as well as keeping track of my calories every day. Well now that I’ve been doing that and eating significantly less than before whenever I eat more than a certain amount of calories at once I feel extremely sick. It happened yesterday but I didn’t think much of it as I had a large dinner which accounted for most of my calories for the day and I just assumed since that isn’t exactly normal and I had only eaten breakfast which was about 40 calories before that it was just because of that. But today it happened again when I had a 400 calorie meal. Since I usually only eat a small amount at once (about 100 to 300ish calories) I think it might be because I’m having more. (It has also happened other times but I just thought it was because the food wasn’t healthy) Does anyone know why this is happening or if this is possible? Could it be some other reason that I didn’t realize? Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks for taking the time to read this I really appreciate it.
Also as I am writing this I realized that every time this has happened I either had soda or black coffee so it could be caffeine but I doubt it considering I had it other times with no similar side effects.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • abbiepyleeee
    abbiepyleeee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1100 calories per day :smile:
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm guessing that's not enough. Why so low?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Have you ruled out medical issues? Maybe there's a stomach bug going around. Maybe the moving stress resulted in a stomach infection or an ulcer to flare up. Could be anything really.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    So this has been happening several times for a whole week?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a compromised stomach that is smaller than normal. I can feel sick if I eat too much at once. Try skipping all beverages with your big meal and see if it makes a difference. It might just be an issue of capacity.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have a friend who had gastric sleeve surgery and she has described that feeling to me before. She doesn't have to eat much in order for it to happen. In her case, she just has a much smaller stomach and it is extremely easy to overeat. It might just be too much food for you at once or maybe food that is richer than what you are used to?