Options

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Squat 155
    Bench 105
    Deadlift 205

I do my training at a gym. I look forward to the day where I can have a fully loaded home gym.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Squat: 250 lbs
    Bench: 118 lbs
    Deadlift: 309 lbs.

BW is 149 lbs

I'll be 60 next year lol. I test my 1RM for deadlifts Friday so hopefully that number will change :-)

You’re amazing..sincerely. I always wished I had started training earlier..but my ultimate goal is to lift as long as I am able. You rock!
  • syrupspew
    syrupspew Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lift at home and started StrongLifts this spring. My goal is to be able to squat, deadlift and bench my body weight by next spring.
    Squat 135
    Deadlift 160
    Bench 98 -I have a set of 1/2 lb plates
    CW 159

It’s inspiring to see all the big numbers...and a bit humbling.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    BNY721 wrote: »

BW is 149 lbs

I'll be 60 next year lol. I test my 1RM for deadlifts Friday so hopefully that number will change :-)

You’re amazing..sincerely. I always wished I had started training earlier..but my ultimate goal is to lift as long as I am able. You rock!

Thank you!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I've started lifting around April, at home, with dumbbells. I recently got a bench and a barbell. My numbers are low and I am just learning how to squat with a barbell, after hating the guts out of the Goblet Squat, but here goes.

For upper body I usually do 3 sets of 10, for deadlifts, squats, hip thrusts, 3 sets of 20. It's based on the Curves programme of Bret Contreras, started with the Beginner one and just added weight on that.

Deadlift - 60 lbs (my left wrist is very weak and the first to go)
    Squat - 37.5 lbs.
    Hip thrust - just went to 60 lbs
    Row - 27.5 lbs
    Bench - 37.5 lbs
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Squat 110kg / 242lbs
    Bench 72.5kg / 160lbs
    Deadlift 142.5kg / 314lbs
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wow you are all amazing!

All I know is I am lifting heavier than when I started 4 years ago. That is all that matters to me. My numbers are a bit pitiful and not worth sharing (also I don't know my maxes since I work higher rep and I don't really squat or bench).

IKR. My little weakling 15lb compared to everyone else but I know i have gotten stronger in my core, my legs and everything overall just within this 1 year of working out (actually not a full year more like 9months). I just realized I will be finished with my 4week program by friday so I will be increasing my weights sooner than I thought (My dumbbell set goes up to 40lb).

I know the term heavy is relative to each person and its hard to compare weights at home (esp when I dont have a full set of equipment) to the weights used in the gym but I was just curious to see what other people lift.

But thanks for all the responses && all you tough ladies lifting heavy are definitely motivating. I still have 10lb to reach my goal weight (but i def have seen lots of results in the mirror & how my clothes fit) but until then Im going to just keep at it.

someone asked this in a previous post, but you may not have seen it among all the other responses:

are you using 15lbs for every exercise you do? because that doesn't really make sense. no program should have you doing chest flyes (just as an example) with the same weight you are squatting. I am confused by this too.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just started, and I do this at home:

Squat: 65lb
    Deadlift: 45lb
    Bench: 45lb

edited to add: I could lift a little heavier, but I'm still trying to get my form perfected before I go higher.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I was so relieved when I figured out heavy lifting meant 'lift what is heavy for you'.

I was seeing posts like some of the ones on here where people are lifting over 2x their body weight and thought there is no way I can do that- thought I had to start there. :s

Once I had things figured out and found a programme that worked for me I just started chugging along at my own pace.

I love seeing what others can achieve, and admire them immensely, but feel no need to emulate.

Cheers, h.

Absolutely, most here are powerlifters or Olympic Weightlifters hence the huge weights.

For my asethtic goals I won't need to match these...thank the Lordy!
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

BW is 149 lbs

I competed with a 61 y/o woman this past weekend who lifted more than me. Truly aspiring for this 51 y/o.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

BW is 149 lbs

Oooh, post your results! Deadlifts forever! ;):p
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Finally getting myself organised after 2 years of lifting once a week with a PT.
    I now Lift 3 days a week plus PT once a week where I either work on form or do a really heavy split and have the PT spot and push me. I also do 2x week boot camp to add some cardio in a circuit format. I go to a 24hr gym for weights and the PT has a studio.

DL 50kg just added DL about 4 weeks ago
    Bench 45kg
    Seated Row 39kg
    Squat Form is the next thing to work on with PT

I’m making progress with my lifts while in a calorie deficit so I’m happy
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well last time I squatted it was 3x12, and I did 75lbs. I could do more for less reps. I have no clue what my 1RM is.
    Benched 65lbs for 4x6
    Deadlift 115lbs for 4x6

At the gym and at home.

I do 30-35lbs for single arm rows and for dumbbell bench, depending on the rep range.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »

BW is 149 lbs

I competed with a 61 y/o woman this past weekend who lifted more than me. Truly aspiring for this 51 y/o.

:smile:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Started stronglifts again at beginning of July

Squat - 25kg (from bodyweight as was watching out for my knees, but this is building again nicely)
    Bench - 29kg
    DL - 60kg
    OHP - 15kg
    Row - 35kg