Ladies, how heavy do you lift

Options

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options

woah ..... big numbers ... how long have you been lifting to reach that weight ??

About 4 years. Started with Stronglifts 5X5...[/quote]

Impressive and inspiring ... I have just started a hypertrophy routing, but you have made me start thinking perhaps I should go back to SL5x5
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I’m kicking *kitten* by lifting 5#.... :D

Damn right you are!!!!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    For the record, I am 5 feet and 130 lbs. I use 7.5 lb dumbbells, 40 lbs for any upper body machine like pull down, row, press etc.

Isolated hamstring or quad machine, 40 lbs, squat machine or abductors, adductor 80 lbs.

Deadlifts, squats, lunges or other barbell work with 20 lb barbell.

I see a lot of other people lifting more but I am tiny and I am in a calorie deficit so I have a hard time gaining strength at the moment.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 170

Squat- 135
    Bench-105
    Deadlift-185

I was lifting alot more before I cut my calories and lost 35 lbs. I'm glad that I'm thinner, but damn do I miss being strong lol.
  • thinbybday
    thinbybday Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6.5” and 140
    Almost 50yo
    Started lifting Halloween 2017 w/ empty 45# bar.
    Mostly, I’m a runner.
    Squat 125
    DL 160
  • webutmirrortheworld
    webutmirrortheworld Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    Squat - 260 lbs
    Bench - 180 lbs
    Deadlift - 385 lbs

woah ..... big numbers ... how long have you been lifting to reach that weight ??

About 4 years. Started with Stronglifts 5X5...

What did you transition into after Stronglifts? And when did you know it was time to move to a different plan?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    Squat - 260 lbs
    Bench - 180 lbs
    Deadlift - 385 lbs

About 4 years. Started with Stronglifts 5X5...

What did you transition into after Stronglifts? And when did you know it was time to move to a different plan?

When I was unable to progress on SL anymore (even with fractional plates and deloads), I moved to Wendlers 5/3/1. Hated that, personally. Then I used Norton's PH3. Loved that. Once my deadlift got over 300 lbs, I hired a powerlifting coach and now I do what he tells me to. ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I did
    1. The horrible jamie eason program which was a huge waste of time
    2. Strong lifts
    3. Strong curves advanced
    4. A few of Nia Shank's programs which I loved
    5. PHAT
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women and found it tedious. I'm still working Stronglifts and enjoy it, but haven't been consistent enough. I loved how I felt when the weights were getting higher. Resting after surgery took me out of my groove and I've been lazy about getting back into it. My rack is in my living room though, so it's always on my mind.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Nia Shanks/lift like a girl. She is very present online and answers questions. She also has a blog. I did her 54321 and muscle sculpting programs and enjoyed both of them. I really like her fitness/nutritional philosophy.
  • notarunnermfp
    notarunnermfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed 5/3/1 as an intermediate program. I ran it 'less boring' so I was also doing 5x5 or 5x3's of squats after deadlifts, OHP after bench, etc. Along with some additional hypertrophy work and joker sets. With those changes it was a ton of volume which worked great for me at the time. I used it leading up to my last meet and hit PRs on every lift.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a lady but the "lift what is heavy for you" made me chuckle. Because...

Last month I squatted 265 pounds which is the most I have done in 2 or 3 years. I thought I was doing well. As I was unloading the bar I looked over to the bench press section and saw this dude benching 365 pounds.

So, yes, "what is heavy for you" is the key term here.
  • JorrunFulhelm
    JorrunFulhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Currently hovering around 160 lbs. My current lifts are: bench 125, squat 135, dead lift 250. I have been working very hard to lose weight (ive lost around 50 lbs) and still be able to lift the same amounts. Slow going, but I am getting there. You will too!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    As always, your lifts blow my mind @PowerliftingMom.
    Congrats on your new weights, you'll get to that 330. Glad you didn't push it while ill.

Cheers, h.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    As always, your lifts blow my mind @PowerliftingMom.
    Congrats on your new weights, you'll get to that 330. Glad you didn't push it while ill.

Cheers, h.

Thank you :smiley:
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    New update:
    Squat: 250 lbs
    Bench: 118 lbs
    Deadlift 319.7 lbs

BW 149.6 lbs. @59 years old. Goal was to get a 330 lb. deadlift, however, I was sick for a week, lost weight and missed a few days of training :neutral:

You are so awesome!!!