45 pounds in 4 months

stacybaker707
stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
1hbozzt9btd1.jpg
5sx4o5xtkflc.jpg
u604ps6rezfj.png
This is my first post in this section. Feels like I have been waiting to post here and now it's time! I started this journey at 237 pounds (5'6") and wearing a size 16 pants. I currently am 192 and wearing a 10 in pants. My original goal was 60 pounds but I think I will go for 75.
I have a hereditary kidney disease that causes me all kinds of issues. Since losing weight I have been able to stop blood pressure medicine, avoid cholesterol medicine, and I am no longer pre-diabetic!
My diet is basically Atkins (low carb), and I make it to the gym several times a week for elliptical and weights.
Two side by sides are 45 pounds difference. Blue dress with my husband is at 237, light colored dress at my sister's wedding on July 14th around 40 pounds lost.

Replies

• SpunkyJK9293
    SpunkyJK9293 Posts: 17 Member
    You look so beautiful. Your a great role model for people like me just starting out
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Gorgeous. Great work. I can't wait until I can see the difference.
  • srcolcord
    srcolcord Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations. I have a similar story. I lost 40 pounds in eight months last year, and 10 pounds in six months this year. I am no longer pre-diabetic. I use a version of the Mediterranean Diet, it is the DASH Diet. [Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension] I go to the gym too, but all weight is lost in the kitchen. 67 year old male, 5'10.5" from 216 to 160 pounds, and a happy camper.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    What a difference!! Congratulations!! :smiley:
  • stacybaker707
    Thanks, everyone!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Wow! That's a great loss congrats! Im 237 myself and 5'5 but a size 18 lol how many calories did you eat in a day? How many carbs? How heavy are your weights? I tried to lose last year from july- October and I lost 17 lbs and gained more but i'm hoping this time around will be my time! Thanks for the motivation :)
  • stacybaker707
    Wow! That's a great loss congrats! Im 237 myself and 5'5 but a size 18 lol how many calories did you eat in a day? How many carbs? How heavy are your weights? I tried to lose last year from july- October and I lost 17 lbs and gained more but i'm hoping this time around will be my time! Thanks for the motivation :)
    Hello! I ate between 1300-1450 calories per day, carbs 30-35 per day. As for weights I just go around to the different weight machines and adjust as needed. I do 3 sets of 12 when lifting weights so I want one that is heavy but not too heavy to finish my 3 sets of 12! Good luck, you got this!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Awesome congrats!!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Hello! I ate between 1300-1450 calories per day, carbs 30-35 per day. As for weights I just go around to the different weight machines and adjust as needed. I do 3 sets of 12 when lifting weights so I want one that is heavy but not too heavy to finish my 3 sets of 12! Good luck, you got this!

Thank you so much! How long has it been since you started? I always seem to lose motivation and can't get past 3 months
  • stacybaker707
    @SisepuedeLinda I started 4-4.5 months ago!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Congratulations on your loss! Keep pushing! You are doing great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!