16:8 and RHR

Options
So last Monday, I decided to mix it up to try to bust through a plateau.
I started doing IF 16:8. Not only have I lost 8 pounds, but my resting heart rate has dropped 5 bpm.
I haven’t changed anything other than my eating window.
I still walk at least 5 Miles throughout the day.
I’m assuming this is a good thing, but can anyone explain to me why it dropped what seems so drastically to me.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Kane68 wrote: »
    16:8 Intermitting Fasting absolutely does work.

It absolutely works for what?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    JimieLou wrote: »
    I started doing IF 16:8. Not only have I lost 8 pounds, but my resting heart rate has dropped 5 bpm.
    I’m assuming this is a good thing, but can anyone explain to me why it dropped what seems so drastically to me.

It's also been shown to help blood pressure, if starting elevated.
    I saw that improvement.

So if your HR was elevated for some reason - perhaps.
    Mine was already 45, didn't lower with IF.

8 lbs in minor amount of time though - see above post.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,518 Member
    Options
    mosspm123 wrote: »
    JimieLou wrote: »

Congratulations on your big initial loss! Intermittent fasting has been scientifically proven to reduce inflammation. Your initial big loss was your body reducing inflammation which is outstanding because before you can start losing weight your body needs to reduce inflammation. It's like you are priming your body and setting it up for fat loss. Don't let any of these detractors discourage you. Intermittent fasting is free and proven to work. I lost 11 pounds in the first 5 days from inflammation. Cheers to a healthier future! Keep on keeping on :smiley:

Do you have any proof for this claim? What kind of inflammation, and how would intermittent fasting help against it?