Is it too much??

I'm 174cm (5.7) Male and weighted 80kg in June, after IF for 2 months now I'm at 73kg (160 lbs) I would like to reach 68kg. So I used a TDEE calculator which takes into account body fat (22% at the moment) then I set a target of 68kg. So I need to be on a 1300cal diet which is not a problem for me, I feel fine, no sleepiness no fatigue. My problem is on fitbit it shows I have 1158 cal left and 900 calories on my budget as it's taking into account my steps ( I dont exercise yet).
2 questions
is losing 0.75 kg/ week too much?
What should I do about those calories, even MFP gives me credit calories?should o eat them back or just leave them ?

Replies

• thaevilgenius
    thaevilgenius Posts: 34 Member
    I think the most important things - yes, the boring things that you feel you could ignore - is: eat at least 1500 calories, and make sure you're not eating more than you think you are, by accurate logging, with a food scale.

Yes of course I'm using a food scale and logging everything, I'm constantly creating my own foods as I find a lot of mistyped nutrition info on the db so that's not a problem. I even inflate a bit some calories just in case but I'm sticking to 1300 calories and tomorrow I'm gonna start working out
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I think the most important things - yes, the boring things that you feel you could ignore - is: eat at least 1500 calories, and make sure you're not eating more than you think you are, by accurate logging, with a food scale.

Yes of course I'm using a food scale and logging everything, I'm constantly creating my own foods as I find a lot of mistyped nutrition info on the db so that's not a problem. I even inflate a bit some calories just in case but I'm sticking to 1300 calories and tomorrow I'm gonna start working out

1500 calories is the minimum recommended number of calories for men. Anything less than that is unhealthy.

IMO at your current weight .75 kg per week is a very lofty goal. 0.25kg per week combined with enough protein and a progressive lifting program will do you a lot more favors than your current approach.

Yes, eat your exercise calories back.