I just weighed a cucumber...

Options
zfitgal
zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
I just measured/ weighed a cucumber....I feel so strange doing that lol. I know everything adds up, but seriously? lol

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I divided 198 grams of green bell pepper into 4 servings and used the decimal. Yeah, I get it. :smile:
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    You're normal here on mfp haha
  • zfitgal
    Options
    haha, it's so funny because when I talk to my friends they're all like..it's a vegetable!! It's free. They think I'm nuts and sometimes I think so too lol. I guess u guys are nuts with me :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    haha, it's so funny because when I talk to my friends they're all like..it's a vegetable!! It's free. They think I'm nuts and sometimes I think so too lol. I guess u guys are nuts with me :)

I ate almost 600 calories of vegetables today. Tell them, no, they're not free. Boy how I wish they were.
  • zfitgal
    Options

I ate almost 600 calories of vegetables today. Tell them, no, they're not free. Boy how I wish they were.[/quote]

I usually eat 250bin veggies :)
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If only vegetables were free!! But they are amazingly low and so good!
    My dinner was a small steak with grilled carrots and 2 grilled beets (if you guys haven’t tried that yet, you are seriously missing out) and a greek style salad of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and avocado. My plate was overflowing with food and that wasn’t even 400 calories. More than a 2/3 of that was meat. It’s crazy!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I like accurate data. Will help me in being more precise in finding my maintenance sweet spot.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    :lol: While it might seem silly to weigh something like that, I really believe if you start out weighing every darn thing, it really helps the habit take hold. If you only weigh some stuff, some of the time, it never really becomes second nature. And good habits make this so much easier :drinker:
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have no shame. I weigh my Cucumbers.
  • bigrichieAF28
    bigrichieAF28 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The joy of macros. I understand the strangeness
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I always weigh my cucumbers. Also my onions, tomatoes, summer squash, and generally all my veggies and fruits. The most calorie-laden single one I ate yesterday had only 84 calories. Most only had calories in the 20s or 30s.

By the end of the day, the veg/fruit added up to 347 calories . . . which is why I weigh my cucumbers. ;) Did it all the way through losing 50 pounds, and still doing it going into year 3 of maintenance.

I weighed one yesterday because it was a huge one my sister got from the farmers market! Higher than 150 calories!! But I take a cucumber everyday to work with me and if I had to weigh that one, which is somedays a bit bigger and somedays a bit smaller, everyday, I might go crazy!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I weigh spinach. And lettuce. Partly because I want to make sure the bag lasts as many meals as I've planned for.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my cucumbers, because I don't like cucumbers, but you can bet that I weigh my broccoli and my carrots and every morsel that goes in my mouth. Because *sigh* I will eat all the things if I don't see how many calories I'm shoving in my mouth.
  • zxlan1993
    zxlan1993 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh cucumber as well lol, but not spinach or or other leafy vegetables 😬