Last film you saw...

Options

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Urban Legends over the weekend with the kids.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    7 Days in Entebbe. Rosamund Pike was a magnificent hijacker. She was convincing extremist.

Beirut. When one imagines the worst possible eventuality clandestine agents encounter ... It happened in Beirut. Assets are expendable everyday. Agents are rolled in in-house fund-jacking. The desk suits VS the field operatives.

Watched it last night. My thoughts exactly. Good movie.

😎☺️
    I'm holding off watching it until I work my way through the entire series of movies. Will be watching MI:3 and probably 4 this weekend.

Watched "Death of a Nation" last night. Interesting movie, and wasn't quite what I thought it would be. But, food for thought, and regardless of political leaning, I think worth watching since it does give a counterpoint to much of what is presented in mass-market media today. I will just say that if you do go see it, watch it with an open mind.

This past weekend did an MI movie binge. Fri/Sat was MI:3/4/5 and then Sunday I watched the newest on IMAX in the theater. Thought was the best of the series.

👊☺️
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just returned from watching The Meg. An atypical shark movie. Preferred The Shallows.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Can't. Moviepass is still broken. :(
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    amwbox wrote: »
    Can't. Moviepass is still broken. :(

That s$cks!!
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Room

It has an 8.2/10 on IMDb

It's a great film.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Teen titans go lol
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    The Spy Who Dumped Me. It was funnier than I expected and Sam Heughan was great.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Just returned from watching The Meg. An atypical shark movie. Preferred The Shallows.

Every time I saw the previews, I kept thinking it was a remake of Jaws. I'll still probably go see it. But, seems like I'm not too far off the mark.
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Deadpool 2
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Won't You Be My Neighbor? The Mister Rogers documentary - cried on and off the whole time.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Casablanca in a real movie theater.....fantastic!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Every time I saw the previews, I kept thinking it was a remake of Jaws. I'll still probably go see it. But, seems like I'm not too far off the mark.

There were some very Jaws 3 moments @Functional_strength_ , further punctuated by the conjuring of that eerily "dark depths" something is in the water with me, watching me feeling, that chills your bones!?! Elements of bad shark mechanics@attack to stop short scenes, similar to Deep Blue Sea 1&2. Throw in the Chinese romance vibe ( not too much, thank God!).

You have to squash thoughts of, " there is so much light, it's impossible they aren't disturbing the disphotic zone.

How can you not NOT watch it? You might like it more than we did. We're rather critical when it comes to oceanographic portrayals.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    The Expendables. For about the third time. Still prefer the second and third ones, but this is good too. Some gratuitous violence is nice sometimes
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The Spy Who Dumped Me. It was funnier than I expected and Sam Heughan was great.

I would have to agree. I didn't expect to laugh as hard as I did. We'd caught the last showing last night. They'd delivered on the funny without short changing on the spy element, given from average womens perspectives and natural reactive responses. And their own M. The silly. The freaked out. The I want to slap his face so bad. The "don't trust anyone. The speed chases. 👍👍
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Mile 22 As paramilitary thrillers go ... It's explosively fast paced. I don't know if it was my fatigue, or the alternating scenes with back stories clouding my attention span, or attending to texts, which made me lose the flow of storytelling, I feel. With all that, I kinda enjoyed it. Will have to watch it again, tonight or tomorrow night.
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    The Meg. I really liked it. Watched that and Tag yesterday. Tag was HILARIOUS!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The Spy who dumped me Has some funny bits. Love Sam Heughan in a tux!!! :smiley:
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    The Last Sharknado: its about time.

I love those movies.