My journey so far

Options
WildWayz
WildWayz Posts: 68 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
This is a photo of me when I was 18. I was around 16st (224lb).
c4ogv0mbvkuo.jpg

I then got a job where I did very little exercise and I ate out of boredom. By 25 years old, I was weighing just over 25st (350lb).
4btbh2vbyh8c.jpg

A few years ago, I was on here and got down to just under 20st (280lb), but I put it back on and went up to 24st (336lb).

In January this year, the doctors told me I was on the verge of developing diabetes - had a reading of 46, when the max is 42 - so they suggested I changed my diet. I went one better and changed me.

As of February, I joined a gym, walked the dogs more and counted calories. I started off on 1800 (before exercise) then as I lost weight, I reduced it down a bit more due to the excessive deficit I had... I am now on 1400 a day before exercise - which I eat back those burnt calories, and still leave around 300-400 deficit on top of my normal deficit.

This is me holding out my shirt from when I got married 13 years ago - yes, the shirt is buttoned up!:
10b8zur9wyyn.jpg

And this is me now, at 18st3lb (255lb).
ue12m103gm0f.jpg

My 'final' goal is to hit 16st so I can learn to ride a horse and have nothing hold me back.

My current goal is to be under 18st before my 40th birthday in September, which I am on track to hit.

Along the way this year, we've been on holiday where I gained a bit, then lost it etc pretty normal stuff... but all in all, I am happy with my progress.

Non-scale victories:
- When on pull down bars where you pull them down by your side, the bars don't hit my waist.
- Fingers are not as chubby so easier to play guitar.
- Can buy clothes at NORMAL shops (apart from designer clothes shops)
- My back pain is much, much less now
- My knee pain is much, much less now

Current issues:
- Excess skin - stomach is looking like a ball-sack now.
- Groin fat - stupid thing isn't going down anytime soon.

:)

Replies

• laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Really great work, man!! I love it! Glad things are working out. The excess skin, don't really worry about that yet!! Things will work out, you'll see. Just keep at it and you'll rock the rest of the weight loss! I'm with you brotha!!
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Very well done to you sir.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow, you didn't an amazing job, congratulations! Also, can I say that I love your hair?
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well done... congrats!
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic- keep up the great work :smile:
  • saraheli65
    saraheli65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So inspiring well done
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Great job fella. Keep up the good work and you'll hit your goals.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!