Sweets

Options
Hey guys. Can you guys give me some good healthy sweets recipes?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat the sweets i want, i make them fit in my calories for the day.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I would check out the recipes board, I'm sure there are some in there.

I try to get all my nutrition in my meals, and then have what I want for a sweet treat (or a salty one, depending on the day!)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the idea of good healthy sweets recipes from? Didn't it come with concrete examples? If it did, use those. If it didn't, it might be because the idea is flawed.

A healthy diet is balanced and varied. You can eat anything you like in moderation.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, but since i have a sweet tooth, i like sweets that have more volume for the calories they have. That way i can have more! Fruit and fruit based desserts, whipped things like mousse, sugar free jello and pudding.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Different things serve different purposes in the diet. I have never seen any person with a healthy mindset towards food eat sweets because of their nutritional value. Sweets are usually eaten for enjoyment. Enjoying your life is healthy. The healthiest sweets are the ones that 1. you really like and enjoy because that would make dieting more pleasant and you're more likely to stick to it 2. the portion needed to satisfy your desire for sweets isn't too high in calories so you're not as likely to lose control and overeat.

Your list may be different than mine, but for me, this means ice cream, any commercial candy bar, high quality chocolate truffles, and all kinds of puddings.