What are some things you would never spend your calories on?

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Regular soda -- beyond the calories, I'm also a type 1 diabetic. :D

Cream in coffee. Ew. Just ew.

I'm generally also not a salad dressing person -- at home, I just use regular vinegar -- but if I'm out, I like it on a salad.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Fast food...if I want a burger I am going to have a good one.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    There's not anything that I would never spend them on. Probably the only thing I cut back drastically on is drinking my calories. But there are so many zero calorie drinks that I actually prefer to the regular that it's a non-issue. I still have no problem with having them if that's all that's available and I don't want water.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2018
    Avocado, full sugar sodas, oatmeal raisin cookies, and pre bottled mayo.
    Most store bought desserts, too. If I'm taking in calories, I'd rather have something homemade.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Milk, store bought yogurt, snack aisle cookies and cakes (I’m going for the good stuff from Mikes Pastry in Boston) and meats injected with extra broth and sodium.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Avocados, cream cheese & bagels, champagne, lemonade.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Wine on a regular day. There are times when I get together with my friends, and, oh yeah, I'm going to have a glass of wine like everyone else. Otherwise, I'm not going to blow any calories on a drink.
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Juice, store bought yogurt (except for the plain no fat greek yogurtI use to make my veggie dip)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Foods I really don't like that much because then they certainly aren't worth the calories. For me, that is regular soft drink (soda), alcohol, bacon (anything from a pig actually), peanut butter... Foods that are really nice but high in calories are consumed occasionally, normally on special occasions. I just hate it though when that really nice looking piece of cake that you have been looking forward to really doesn't taste as good as you were hoping.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Baked chips. Yuck. That’s the only thing that came to mind!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Grocery store bakery cakes
    Fake ice cream (Halo top, etc.)
    Corn

Pretty much just stuff I don't actually like.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    edited August 2018
    When I joined MFP and was actively losing weight, I decided that I would not waste my calories on anything I didn't like. I would eat only foods I liked. :)

I did also discover that some things (like cashews and pears) had quite a few calories but didn't have much "staying power" for me ... in other words, I felt hungry soon after eating them. So I only eat them occasionally.

And for the most part, I prefer not to drink my calories. Again, that has to do with the "staying power" thing. I can drink something with a lot of calories, and still feel just as hungry.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2018
    I make a few exceptions on special occasions, but cake is usually not worth it. It's calories made of air.

I prefer chocolate bars, ice-cream, or cheesecake.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Liquid calories such as soda, sugary juice and alcohol. I'd rather eat my calories.

Things I don't enjoy. In the past I would eat things just because it was there or I didn't want to hurt anyone feelings. Not anymore. If I don't like it I will stop eating.

Store bought packaged desserts like cakes or cookies. Not worth the calories to me. If I want a dessert I will make from scratch or go to a bakery.

Most fast food. Too salty and artificial tasting.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Stuff that I never really cared for in the first place...
    Regular soda
    Fruit juice
    Pre-packaged baked goods
    Creamy sauces and soups (alfredo sauce, etc)
    Cheese on burgers and sandwiches

Anything I really like, I didn't cut out, I just moderate. But these things are definitely not worth it for me and I don't miss at all.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Cheap sweets, chocolate and cookies.
    Fast food (though I really miss KFC, that was the one I loved to eat, though only very occasionally)
    Alcohol
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Alcohol....so over it!