What Works?

Options
2»

Replies

• SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    35 pounds lost in five months ,six pounds to my goal weight
    i didn't count caloires but ate six meals a day,whole foods paired with protein, carbs, vegs and fruit.
    i credit my success to feeding my body all day long,drinking a lot of water, eliminating all sodium and sugar from my diet.
    looking at my "before" picture every day..and especially on days when i don't feel motivated..keeps me on track.

Twenty years ago I lost 70 pounds doing exactly this. Ignore the people who “woo” at it.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1. How much weight you lost so far 25 lbs
    2. How long it took I've been doing this for about 4 months
    3. How was your maintenance? Not there yet
    4. In short, what works? Prelogging my days and using a food scale to weigh all my food and log as accurately as possible.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ~12 lbs
    2 to 3 months
    Logging EVERYTHING I ate keeping it under 1200 cal
    Eating only healthy foods
    No Process Foods
    0 Diet Sodas
    Working Out 5-6 times a week : cardio and strength training
  • 60Chevy
    60Chevy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. 50 lbs.

2. 6 months.

3. Not there yet.

4. Hospital sponsored weight loss program w weekly weigh ins (accountability); logging foods; walking 5-7 days a week for an hour; no diet sodas, replaced with sparkling water; more protein and less processed food;
    not quitting when I cheat (because you will cheat and probably should to remember to “see above” and what got you where you want to go.)
  • 60Chevy
    60Chevy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Halo Top ice cream. :)
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @45 lbs, 5 months, 1 month maintenance "break" (I had several social events, birthdays, vacation, etc. lined up and I knew I'd be challenged to stay in a deficit, so I aimed to hold steady. Still tracked calories, just not as stringently, and ate things I no longer make a habit of...cake, wine, bread. After a month I gained 1 lb. Yay!) I took several days to ease back into my plan, and now I'm back on track and satisfied. This is what it's all about, I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!