Don't weigh yourself in motorcycle gear

Options
kardsharp
kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
Spent 2 days riding to support the MS fund raiser. Put on over 500 km. Decided to do my weigh in today with all of my gear on: boots, chaps, jacket and helmet. Don't do it!

Replies

• MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Lmao. I can't imagine how much all of that must've weighed. My work boots weigh like 5lb each :lol:
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did that with all my body armor, weapons, ammo one day for the heck of it...without I was 145lbs with everything 210lbs
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I did that once to set up the suspension on my motorcycle (which is based on rider weight in full gear). I forgot the exact number, but it went from ~150 lbs. to something like 180-190 lbs.
  • kardsharp
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weigh day, I'll be relieved to have lost all of that weight. Biggest overnight loss ever! I'll take it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Good Heavens, no !!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    :lol: I recently used motorcycle gear as an example of heavy clothes in an argument just this week.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    kardsharp wrote: »
    Spent 2 days riding to support the MS fund raiser. Put on over 500 km. Decided to do my weigh in today with all of my gear on: boots, chaps, jacket and helmet. Don't do it!

Why?
  • kardsharp
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    kardsharp wrote: »

Why?

I was just curious as to what I was carrying around for 2 days
  • vickyjane8566
    vickyjane8566 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How much did it weigh (if you remember?!)
    I think my jacket alone is a few kgs!
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Okay