Help me find a routine please!!

Options
My daughter (14) and I want to start working out at home but want to commit to a program/routine.
There are BILLIONS on the internet of course but I am just not sure where to start. I am overweight so working out feels harder and more daunting. My daughter is perfect but will be my motivational coach while adapting good habits I hope.

I need a schedule! I need structure.
I can make one up from the internet but not sure how much of what to add. My goal is to lose weight and just feel better.

Monday - do this for x amount of time or so many reps.
Wednesday - do this....ect.

What program/workout or training do you like or do you have a trusted site that list workouts or routines that would be beneficial? Keeping in mind we are beginners!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Find some cardio you like, do it 2-3 x a week

Find a lifting routine you like, do it 2 -3 x a week

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since you're starting out, don't overdo it. Find a lifting program from link above. Start walking on the other days, whatever you can do, 30 min if possible or as long as you can and build up.
  • LotusInTheSky
    LotusInTheSky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been using the 8fit app. I just got the free version but if you like it you can get a subscription as well.
    They have short 8 minute programs designed to do daily. I have just started using it and like it so far! Sometimes I do two of the workouts back to back because 8 minutes doesn't seem like enough! But I think that as the intensity builds as my levels go up I will be happy with 8 minutes a day! :) Good luck
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Figure out what you prefer, if you are not sure, rotate through different FREE 30 day programs (there are 1000's of them).

If you find yourself board or not liking a program try something else. I'd give it a week per program.

Because this is for you and your daughter, take turns for workout programs, you can even make it a bit if a challenge for each other.