Options
Hi everyone! I’m a new member here. I’m looking to lose 10-15 pounds. Does anyone have diet suggestions?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale, use it to log accurately and stick to your calorie goal.
  • restricteur
    restricteur Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am quite new here as well.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert and anything I say is just a personal opinion that should in no case be a substitute to a physician and/or a nutritionist opinion.

If I were you I would first make sure that my goal is correct. I mean that you may have already a perfect weight with regard to your height but you are not quiet satisfied with the appearance. In which case all you need is exercise 4 or 5 times a week (I do 6 but I will soon go back to 4 or 5) while keeping a good diet.

Concerning the diet, what I did personally (I am trying to put on some muscle) is I used the following calculator:

https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator

I used it in order to get my maintenance daily amount of calories, I then just added about 240 calories surplus per day.

Then I just try as much as I can to eat simple meals that I cook myself at home, and I try to measure everything I eat or drink. Here a digital kitchen scale would be very convenient.

The macros I use are: 50% carbohydrate, 25% fat and 25% protein, my biggest struggle being with the latter as I don't recall that I have ever completed a single day with my protein goal accomplished. I usually end up with fat compensating for protein which is not very bad as I am trying to build up my appetite.

Just stick to the exercise and try to eat healthy as much as you can and everything will be OK.

Good luck.
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale, use it to log accurately and stick to your calorie goal.

This is all the basic advice you need. Eat the things you like within your goal and don't make it too complicated. The only thing I might add is not to get too aggressive with the loss. If you go at it trying to drop 2lbs a week, you may find it a little too restrictive. Go for .5lb a week and stick to it and before you know it, you'll hit that goal. Good luck, and welcome to MFP.
  • BlackbullKB
    BlackbullKB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look into intermittent fasting. I’ve lost 10 Ibs in 3 weeks and without really restricting what I eat but mostly when I eat. It’s effective, I love it!