I hate exercising

Options
But here I am, giving it a try. Portion control and sugary drinks are my downfall.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    The only exercise you need to do is exercising your self control to stick to your calorie goal.

Physical activity is great for health, but not necessary for weight loss. :)
  • llillfrog
    llillfrog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well that’s GREAT motivation!
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Best place to start, lace up your sneakers and get walking.
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Best place to start, lace up your sneakers and get walking.

Agreed
    Do something. Anything.
    Move n sweat
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    What kind are you working on? I surprised myself by liking circuit machines when I hate almost everything else exercisy except swimming.
  • darkbella
    darkbella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about exercise video games. I'm into DDR but there are others, especially with the Kinect. Try a few and maybe you'll surprise yourself by finding one fun enough that you forget your exercising and just start having fun!
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don’t really like exercising all the time either. But it’s such a good thing for your health. Just take walks. Put in some music and walk a few miles.
  • sarah_ed
    sarah_ed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going into your exercise time with a positive attitude will help a ton. Don’t beat yourself up if your body doesn’t meet your expectations in the beginning!
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I’m sure you already know this but most sugary drinks have a 0 calorie substitute (unless you’re talking about things like milkshakes and fruit juice)
    Do you not like the substitutes?

I hate exercise some days and I’m excited for it other days, have you tried various forms of exercise? The gym is sorta tedious for me, but going on a bike ride with a nice view is fun. Maybe join a fitness class with a friend or family member (or by yourself and make friends there)? If none of that does it for you, don't worry because you don’t need exercise to lose weight. It makes it easier for me because it allows me to eat more calories and all the effort I put into exercising keeps me motivated on a daily basis but all you really need to worry about is calories. Good luck!
  • llillfrog
    Options
    I’m doing yoga tomorrow morning, which I probably the only exercise I enjoy modestly!
    Momepro wrote: »
    What kind are you working on? I surprised myself by liking circuit machines when I hate almost everything else exercisy except swimming.

• llillfrog
    Options
    Good idea! Fruit ninja for the win! I should do that on non yoga days!
    darkbella wrote: »
    Don't forget about exercise video games. I'm into DDR but there are others, especially with the Kinect. Try a few and maybe you'll surprise yourself by finding one fun enough that you forget your exercising and just start having fun!

• llillfrog
    Options
    I’d rather plain waster over flavor additives. I just need to make my vice (sweet tea) a treat rather than a daily item.

My exercise pal is recovering from surgery so I’m going at it alone for a bit :(
    stfpa wrote: »
    I’m sure you already know this but most sugary drinks have a 0 calorie substitute (unless you’re talking about things like milkshakes and fruit juice)
    Do you not like the substitutes?

I hate exercise some days and I’m excited for it other days, have you tried various forms of exercise? The gym is sorta tedious for me, but going on a bike ride with a nice view is fun. Maybe join a fitness class with a friend or family member (or by yourself and make friends there)? If none of that does it for you, don't worry because you don’t need exercise to lose weight. It makes it easier for me because it allows me to eat more calories and all the effort I put into exercising keeps me motivated on a daily basis but all you really need to worry about is calories. Good luck!