Already over fat percentage at breakfast! Help!

Options
So I just started using the app. I used it a few years back and lost 25 pounds but this time is different because Im using premium. I’m very confused about percentages. for macros. I haven’t adjusted them yet because I don’t have enough knowledge about it but I ate two eggs and half of an avocado for breakfast and on my macros for fat it says I’m st 72% and my goal was 30%. So not only can I not have any fat for the rest of the day but I went 42% over what I should have??? This isn’t making sense to me. Am I mistaken on something?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    The percentage is based on what you've eaten so far.

Look at the grams rather than percentages to see how much of the recommended amount youve eaten.... And remember fat and protein are minimums and eating more is not bad as long as you're sticking to your calorie goal
  • FrostysHouse
    FrostysHouse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's a percentage of what you've eaten that day -- so, 72% of your breakfast. As you eat a varied menu over the course of the day, that percentage will change. Presumably, you'll add in some carbs, protein, etc.
  • manonamission73
    manonamission73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don’t worry your not the only one that’s not up to speed on this mate, will be interested in hearing someone explain it all
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Focus on making healthy choices and staying within your calorie deficit since a deficit is most important for weight loss. At this time I wouldn't focus on macros since it can lead to confusion. With 2 eggs and 1/2 an avocado this would definitely be a high fat breakfast, but healthy none the less.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You already know it's percentage, and you've only eaten breakfast yet. This means that the percentages might change as you eat. All you have to do, it hit your total calories for the day. You can also change your macro setting to make that easier. And you don't even need Premium for it.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    It's a percentage of what you eat in the whole day. So far you've only had breakfast. Keep an eye on the grams rather than the %
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Suppose you are eating 1400 cals/day, which includes 40g of fat. That's 25% of your total calories (9cals/g). You eat all of your fat allowance at breakfast; the % of fat calories for breakfast would be 69%, but 0% for the rest of the day. The % of fat calories for the whole day would be 25.7%:

Breakfast 20g carbs, 40g fat, 20g protein = 69.2% of calories from fat
    Rest of Day 110g carbs, 0g fat, 110g protein = 0% of calories from fat
    Whole Day 130g carbs, 40g fat, 130g protein = 25.7% of calories from fat

Think of it like a monthly budget. If your mortgage payment is 30% of your monthly budget, it will be a high percentage of your daily expenses on the day when you pay it, but 0% on all other days in the month. For the whole month it will be 30%.
  • ChristineRDN
    ChristineRDN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast was probably about 280 calories, and 72% of those calories came from fat.

As you eat more throughout the day, your macro percentages will shift based on what you eat.