How to log in CHEAT meals???

Options
2»

Replies

• yojibalinese
    Options
    Usually there's something sort of equivalent at another restaurant. Just pull from there. You pretty much just make your best guess. Remember that restaurant food is loaded with fat and sodium so if you see like Applebees having a salad for 1000 calories and 3000 mg sodium...that's probably about right.
  • hillendahl
    hillendahl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    just had a birthday party for my daughter...it was one long day of cheating.....only I don't think of it as cheating...because when I started this journey I told myself that I wasn't going to monitor what I ate....Thanksgiving...Christmas...Birthdays etc. I figure that there are 365 days in a year...and if I take 15 days off....well then I had 350 days to eat sensible.

I know myself. If I think of it in terms of "I can't ever eat Pizza Hut pizza again." Then, I will eventually fail in my life change.

That being said...and in answer to your question...

I guessed at what I ate. I have no idea how many potatoe chips I really ate. I re-created it as best as I could when I was entering my food...and tried to overguess my portion sizes. For example I may have only ate 15 chips....it seemed like 15. Did I count them. No. But to give myself some room for mis-judging ...I entered I ate 30 chips.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    There's a category called "Generic - Party Food" listed at 700 cal....so I usually put in 1 or 2 of those!! Or 3 or 4....lol

OMG LOL!!!! That is awesomely hilarious!!! That would blow me out the water for like 2-3 days worth of calories if I did that! LOL. It is really hard at a party though! So many bad "snacks" that just sit there eyeballin you all day!
  • isinc2003
    isinc2003 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I've posted this thread before...and the response was not enlightening. My question is how do you log in cheat meals that you have NO idea the calorie content???

I'm not talking at a restaurant that has the nutritional menus but places that don't or family dinners? Do you log them in as best you can or just don't log in at all??? Thanks for any advice!

Help that whoever is cooking so you know what's in the food, then break it down the best you can for example I had a Tuna wrap today and the lady used two scoops on my wrap, I looked at the scoop and it was about 4oz size give or take so that's 8oz of tuna mixed with mayo.. how much would you put in that much tuna.. I'd guess 4 tablespoons.. then had some carrots and tomatoes.. those calories are small either way... you could search for tuna then the mayo etc.. and add them to your daily diet plan.. the more familiar you are with food . .. (like hopefully cooking it yourself as much as possible ) the better your estimates are .. and do not cheat all day! one meal once a twice a week!
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    THANK YOU guys for all the advice!!! I didn't know there was a "quick calorie" add! I agree...as long as I ate sensibly a little cheating won't hurt. Thanks again! SUCH FAST responses...that's why I love this website and it's community!!!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    log as best you can. maybe not mentally classifying them as 'cheat' meals will help....they are, in reality, just meals. maybe they are higher cal than you normally eat, but it is food/energy none the less.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There is an entry for Chinese Buffet - it's like 600 calories per plate.

So, put yourself down for how many 'plates' you think you ate. At least it gets the calories in the ballpark.