Skinny Cow Ice Creams

Options

Replies

• hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    the chocolate truffle bar is delicious!! I love them!!!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of chatter about Skinny Cow here...so I recently checked them out. I checked the ingrediant list first...and I didn't like what I saw. For example, Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cone:

Skim milk, cone [wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, soy lecithin, caramel color, salt], sugar, corn syrup, cone coating [sugar, coconut oil, salatrim, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, artificial flavor], fudge topping [high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa processed with alkali, sugar, modified corn starch, salt, mono and diglycerides, vanilla, natural flavor, artificial flavor], polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, whey protein, calcium carbonate, cream, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), natural flavor, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, microcrystalline cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, guar gum, monoglycerides, carob bean gum, sorbitol, vitamin A palmitate, carrageenan, salt

HFCS? I'll pass. Propylene Glycol Monostearate? We use prooylene glycol to deice our aircraft. :D

I'll work harder to 'earn' normal ice cream before I eat a bunch of chemicals - no matter how low calorie!

I saw this topic and went to their site to do the same research. Sadly, I agree with you. :( High in sugars (and not the good kind). I'm sure it fits into many people's diets...so good for them. Not for me though. When/if I go to cheat with some ice cream, I'll get the real deal!

[sarcasm]Yeah because eating real heavy cream and refined sugar is FAR healthier.... [/sarcasm]
    (not to mention I'm sure many ice creams have just as many chemicals in them unless you're getting an especially natural one)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I used to eat it quite a lot, but recently I pay more attention to it's ingredient and got totally TURNED OFF!!!!

Here is a good article about the skinny cow:
    http://thehealthyapron.com/2011/05/31/is-it-healthy-skinny-cow-ice-cream/

Now I buy Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    the mint ones are super yum!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I swear by them.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dunno if you need any more positive feedback buuuut I LOVE them! I've had all the personal size ones (especially when I had my wisdom teeth out), sandwiches, now I'm on the truffles. They taste awesome, have great selections, and are low calorie.
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    my dessert each night! i love the english toffee icecream sandwich! they dont taste low cal at all! love them!!!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    [sarcasm]Yeah because eating real heavy cream and refined sugar is FAR healthier.... [/sarcasm]
    (not to mention I'm sure many ice creams have just as many chemicals in them unless you're getting an especially natural one)

Please notice I did say 'cheat'. :)

Also:
    Breyer’s Naturals Vanilla Ice Cream
    http://www.breyers.com/products/Original/Natural-Vanilla.aspx
    Much shorter ingredients list. :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of chatter about Skinny Cow here...so I recently checked them out. I checked the ingrediant list first...and I didn't like what I saw. For example, Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cone:

Skim milk, cone [wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, soy lecithin, caramel color, salt], sugar, corn syrup, cone coating [sugar, coconut oil, salatrim, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, artificial flavor], fudge topping [high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa processed with alkali, sugar, modified corn starch, salt, mono and diglycerides, vanilla, natural flavor, artificial flavor], polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, whey protein, calcium carbonate, cream, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), natural flavor, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, microcrystalline cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, guar gum, monoglycerides, carob bean gum, sorbitol, vitamin A palmitate, carrageenan, salt

HFCS? I'll pass. Propylene Glycol Monostearate? We use prooylene glycol to deice our aircraft. :D

I'll work harder to 'earn' normal ice cream before I eat a bunch of chemicals - no matter how low calorie!

I saw this topic and went to their site to do the same research. Sadly, I agree with you. :( High in sugars (and not the good kind). I'm sure it fits into many people's diets...so good for them. Not for me though. When/if I go to cheat with some ice cream, I'll get the real deal!

I echo the sentiments on the real ice cream. That ingredient list is just . . . wrong ;(
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time, the ice cream sandwich and also the cup. Sounds like they have even more products out!

Right now I am having 40 calorie no sigar added Fudgsicle, tho. I think the flavor is better. And if I suck the whole thing it lasts a long time (instead of biting and chewing it.)
  • killagb
    Options
    And if I suck the whole thing it lasts a long time (instead of biting and chewing it.)

....oh my
  • cjlapier
    cjlapier Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the skinny cow. The mint ice cream sandwiches are to die for! Also, the new chocolate bars and peanut clusters are excellent as well.
  • sdechantal
    sdechantal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yup - so good.... I like the truffle bars! 100 calories!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tried the chocoloate truffle the other night. Delicious, but then I had stomach cramps all night (and I have an iron stomach). Tried it again, same thing again. I'm very disappointed, but my husband is not.
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    Love the Skinny Cow little ice cream cups-Dream Cone and love their bars. Their candy/treats are awesome as well!!
  • sandspider
    Options
    I also had the same problem with the cramping. Trying to rule out the Skinny Cow. It will be a sad day for me if true. They have good flavor even if they are full of chemicals.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've never bought one that I didn't have to scrape a 1/4 inch layer of ice off of. ick.

I know, I'm weird, I'll eat all manner of chemicals, but freezer burn it and I'm out.
  • killagb
    Options
    I've never bought one that I didn't have to scrape a 1/4 inch layer of ice off of. ick.

I know, I'm weird, I'll eat all manner of chemicals, but freezer burn it and I'm out.

Sounds like you need to shop at a better store...
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Sounds like you need to shop at a better store...
    ...in a better town I guess, I've had this happen at both walmarts, both krogers, both albertsons, and every convenience store I've tried in town. I just go for the nestle drumstick now, nice and reliable.