Yep, I can still get spooked!

Options
13»

Replies

• jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Update on days off from gym: Day 1: one pound gone Day 2: Another .5 lb. gone. Back to gym today. Am betting, as we all said, the weight is from water retention in muscles. Now, it doesn't mean that all 3 lbs. are gone, but, as we have been discussing, doing what we need to do to watch calorie consumption, and not freaking out, is probably the best way to go. That's what I am hoping I can do, as the remaining 1.5 go away!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    jrwms714 wrote: »
    Update on days off from gym: Day 1: one pound gone Day 2: Another .5 lb. gone. Back to gym today. Am betting, as we all said, the weight is from water retention in muscles. Now, it doesn't mean that all 3 lbs. are gone, but, as we have been discussing, doing what we need to do to watch calorie consumption, and not freaking out, is probably the best way to go. That's what I am hoping I can do, as the remaining 1.5 go away!

It's looking good :smile: and yes, no freaking out needed - have faith in the process :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Another update, 4 months on....
    I got down to 124lbs before our July Cruise, the abnormal fluctuations calmed down for a while...
    and now its August and I'm back to wild scale readings, 3lbs overnight and then its gone...Oh well, c'est la vie. I'm tracking and I'm doing usual workouts it'll all be fine, but there's always a little niggle that even after all this time that I'm not 'doing it right'!! doh!

@jrwms714 how are you finding your fluctuations lately and did that 1.5 bite the dust? :smile:
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds over a 36 hour period last week
    Fluctuations are normal
    I still get amazed at it though!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds over a 36 hour period last week
    Fluctuations are normal
    I still get amazed at it though!!

Oh I know well they're normal but they weren't my normal, normally it was no more than 1 to 2lbs and that's for the past 6 years too.
    Our bodies can continue to surprise us.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream
    Thank you for your posts. They are very important & will greatly help the rest of us.
    Much appreciated.
  • jrwms714
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream, thanks for checking in about my fluctuations. It's hard to answer because I just got back from 6 weeks at our vacation place where I am always so active that my weight drops and doesn't fluctuate much, which is not a real situation. The next few weeks will tell the tale for me now that I am home, once the bloat from the airplane ride subsides, and I get back to the gym ... always a lot of jet lag and no gym right away when I am gone this long and used to the time zone that is not this one! Like you, I have been on maintenance for a while and am also a petite (5'0"), so even 3 lbs. up is enough to make me nervous, even when I know the journey well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @jrwms714 oh I know 3lbs does mean a lot for us petites, it sounds like you have a good handle on it though. Your 6 weeks vacation sounded fab :smile:
  • jrwms714
    Options
    It was great! And it’s always good to be some place that easily accommodates healthy eating and where everyone is active. Great for maintenance.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older thread, but I'm experiencing similar. I've been maintaining for 2 years, and am used to normal fluctuations. However, for the past three months my 'hover' weight has been up about 4 pounds, now at the top of my comfortable range. I am short, in my 50s, and in peri-menopause. In spite of eating at a deficit, I can't seem to lose the extra pounds. I used to be able to pinpoint cyclical water weight gain and ride it out. Now my cycle is so erratic, it feels like I gain water weight, but it never sheds (since my period just doesn't happen that particular month.)

Of course I will revisit my tracking to make sure I'm being diligent... but have any other peri-menopausal women experienced this? I guess I'm just frustrated, a little scared, and just wanted to vent. I don't want my weight to continue creeping up! Where's my whoosh! :smile:
  • jrwms714
    Options
    Old posts are still relevant and since I am the OP, it's nice to see that. Perimenopause, like menopause, can cause weight gain. Your hormones, as you know all too well, are fluctuating and unpredictable. But it is possible to avoid the gain ... I am 'way past menopause and have lost 40 lbs. (on a 5'0" frame) and kept it off for 4 years. A friend sent me a great article years ago, and I will give you the link here. Hope this helps. It's old, but, like your post, still relevant, I think. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/staness-jonekos/menopausal-weight-gain-ho_b_9558470.html
    Don't give up!