Trying this again!

Hey I’m kim im 19, 146lbs and I’m looking to drop to 120. 26 to go ! Yippee! I start a diet for a few days and then trail off.. I need a fitness buddy to help me stay on track! Does anyone want to do an iMessage group chat? We can all talk about our progress and become friends or whatever.

Replies

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Hi Kim! Feel free to add me if you would like. I struggle with the same thing and enjoy support and encouragement.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi newbies!

I wrote this which might help you:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687333/that-sinking-feeling-of-resentment-reluctance-towards-logging-exercise

Also, read the Helpful Posts at the top of each forum page, so you can learn from successful people how to eat the things that make you happy while sticking to your calorie limit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think that if you start a diet for a few days and then trail off, you need a better diet, not more buddies. Lose some of the excitement and focus your mental energy towards logging your food intake and discovering how to eat better, for real - which means food you like in amounts that makes you healthy, including normal weight.
  • lalalabored
    lalalabored Posts: 2 Member
    I don’t think it’s so much what I’m eating.. I eat generally healthy, I limit eating out to once a week, I don’t drink soda, I don’t eat junk typically unless it’s an occasion. , all my meals are homemade and include a protein and a vegetable. I think I really mean I need helping getting motivation to exercise. My weight had been plateaued around 140 for a long time since I stopped having an active school life.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    I don’t think you’re really going to be motivated all the time to work out, and you can’t count on motivation to take you to the gym. I’ve said this before, but if I waited on motivation to take me to the gym I’d never go.

Fitness partners can be good though, as they can provide you with some sense of accountability and keep you on track. Just set your mind to something. Make it a goal to workout two times a week, then maybe 3, then four. Start off slow and ease into it. You can do it!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don’t think it’s so much what I’m eating.. I eat generally healthy, I limit eating out to once a week, I don’t drink soda, I don’t eat junk typically unless it’s an occasion. , all my meals are homemade and include a protein and a vegetable. I think I really mean I need helping getting motivation to exercise. My weight had been plateaued around 140 for a long time since I stopped having an active school life.
    Are your reflections on your diet an afterthought, or dodging the problem of your OP, which was I start a diet for a few days and then trail off?

You're not at school anymore, so there is noone to push you to do anything if you don't wanna. Motivation that lasts, has to come from within. And as a adult, you do things without being motivated anyway.