I don’t understand!

How is it that over eat sugar when I still have 523 calories left, I worked out for 65 minutes of Zumba and Abs and I only ate a banana and once square of dark chocolate? Today was meatless Monday, everything else was eggplant lasagna, salads, steamed veggies. I really don’t understand... how am I overeating sugar? My macros are good but this dog on sugar is really getting to me!

Replies

• ChristineRDN
    ChristineRDN Posts: 4 Member
    What's your sugar goal set to? You should be able to see in your diary which foods are contributing the most to it. If it's mainly coming from fruits, vegetables, beans and other whole foods, it's natural sugar and you don't need to stress about it :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Do you have a medical reason to watch your sugar intake? If not, switch it out for fiber.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    What's your goal? If you had salad dressing on your salad, that could be it. What else was on your salad? Any other fruit? A banana has 14g. Apples have 20g more or less. (Also, pretty sure there's a difference between naturally occurring sugar and refined sugar like what would be in/on donuts.) Some pasta sauces are loaded with sugar, too, if that was in your lasagna. It's in everything... 🤔
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    MFP doesn’t differentiate between added sugars in things like baked goods, and the natural sugars in fruits/vegetables/dairy. It’s all just sugar.

If you don’t have medical reason to restrict or even explicitly track sugar, then you can swap it out for another metric or just ignore it as many of us do.

If you get much of your sugar from fruits and veggies and products with added sugars aren’t putting you over your calories or crowding out other nutrients I wouldn’t worry about it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    :laugh: dog on sugar... :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Yeah, what they said. I don't track sugar. Well, it's tracked by default on the Printable Version, so I can look at it with one click, but I switched it out for Calcium. You can do that in FOOD > Settings.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    why are you concerned about your sugar intake? Is there a reason for it? I don't worry about mine.