Back-to-back gym classes - bad idea?

Options
ceiswyn
ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
I’ve really loved gym classes since I started doing them in January. In that time I’ve worked up from getting out of breath after some light aerobics and dance, to still having energy left after BodyCombat.

I want to get back to that properly flattened/exhausted post-class feeling, so I was wondering whether it would be reasonable to go straight from my ‘STRONG’ by Zumba class to the BodyCombat class that follows it - basically an hour and a half of supposedly HIIT, with a ten-minute break in the middle.

Relevant additional information:
- in the past I used to do a dance class a few hours after ‘STRONG’, and that was fine
- I sometimes do two gym classes in a day, but I can only do classes at all three days a week because that’s how often I’m in town. The other days act as rest days / I just walk or do some bodyweight strength work
- I can’t change to a higher intensity class due to scheduling and what my gym actually offers. I already do BodyPump on another day, and that DOES flatten me
- I have bone damage to one ankle, which will act as an early warning system if the impact is too much for my joints - I’m mostly curious as to whether there are any other factors I haven’t considered

Replies

• MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with testing yourself. Sometimes I do double classes. If you have the energy you will be fine!
  • ceiswyn
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance :) A couple of my friends have been muttering about overtraining, but I think they’re making some inaccurate assumptions about my off days.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    People at my gym go straight from BodyPump to a Spin class. Try it and see.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Give it a shot! If it was a bad idea you'll definitely know the next day, and then you can take it a little easier next time. ;)
  • ceiswyn
    Options
    Give it a shot! If it was a bad idea you'll definitely know the next day, and then you can take it a little easier next time. ;)

That’s what I was thinking :) Worst comes to worst, I can always duck out halfway through BodyCombat and go for a recovery coffee-and-cake...