Not hungry!

I know it sounds crazy but I'm doing 1,200 calories a day and am having a hard time getting those bc i'm not finding myself hungry! Anyone else have this problem? I'm always at least a hundred calories short of 1200 and try to eat a fruit or veggie or something healthy to make it up even though I don't really want it.

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    First make sure you are using a food scale to measure your food and that you are accurately measuring your food intake.

How long have you been at 1,200 calories? I was always under my daily calorie goal and I wasn't hungry. As I lost weight and I increased my treadmill workout I still wasn't hungry. Then all of a sudden it kicked in and I wanted to start eating back some of my exercise calories. I think it will kick in for you.
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Since I started eating keto I've been having this issue, too. All the proteins and fats make me so much more full than the carbs ever did. I'm learning to enjoy some of the "treats" such as heavy whipping cream in my coffee and ooey, gooey cheese on more foods than ever before. I average around 1150 calories most days.
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    I wish I had that problem haha. Dont be scared to eat things that aren’t “healthy”. If you have extra calories, you don’t have to eat vegetables to get to 1200 unless that’s what you want to eat, which I doubt. You’ll get to 1200 calories, probably won’t be as stuffed as you are when you eat hundreds of calories worth of vegetables and you’ll be happy, it’s a win win situation.

I always save some calories for the end of the day so I can have something like ice cream, cookies/crackers or cereal (the good kind, not corn flakes)
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    edited August 2018
    deleted
  • meagan8376
    meagan8376 Posts: 94 Member
    I know it sounds crazy but I'm doing 1,200 calories a day and am having a hard time getting those bc i'm not finding myself hungry! Anyone else have this problem? I'm always at least a hundred calories short of 1200 and try to eat a fruit or veggie or something healthy to make it up even though I don't really want it.

Yes 1200 calories is sometimes too much for me. My eating habits are different now I only eat when I’m hungry.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited August 2018
    There are soooo many ways to add 100 calories without adding any more "food".

if you can't reach your calorie goal, pick foods that are higher in calories (calorie dense). so you don't have to eat "more" food. Almonds (or as is always mentionned, PB) are terrific. 20g of raw almonds is 113 calories and is not a ton of food. You can spread them out over the day. protein and healthy fats that will fuel you.

Add some healthy cooking oils/vinaigrette - these add zero extra "bulk" but round out your day. sprinkle some cheese on your salad (or the nuts as mentioned above). Swap out anything you are using that is "low fat" for 2% fat (milk, yogurt...)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    a tablespoon of butter has 110 cals and makes veggies taste great when sauteed in it! :)