22 lbs in 2 months still disappointed

Options
I’m 6 days from 2 months and I’ve only lost 22.1 lbs. I don’t know why I feel a bit discouraged. I’m actually eating right working out 6 days a week. I guess because prior to really changing my lifestyle ,when i did other “diets”i lost way more in a just a month. It’s now a lifestyle for me I’m so cautious of what I eat. I rarely have a cheat meal I’m still conscious.I’ve been googling how much should one lose in 2 months someone said in a healthy way 12-16 lbs so i guess I’m doing good. I started out at 208.8 in currently 186 lbs. My goal weight is 145. I won’t binge or eat unhealthy I just feel slightly disappointed.. rant over let me go and work out..

Replies

• purdynerdybirdy
    purdynerdybirdy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. You are doing fine. Losing weight rapidly isn't sustainable anyway. Stay consistent, you'll reach your goal weight.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The more weight you loose, the slower it will become. You started with quite a lot of weight to loose, probably a lot of water weight, etc. but it's unrealistic to expect 15+ lbs loss per week.
    You probably didn't gain 30 pounds in 2 months so expecting to loose it that fast is quite unrealistic. Imagine actually trying to gain that much weight in such a small time period. Your would put your body through hell to do it, you would most likely feel sick, have diggestive issues, headache, etc. So loosing 30 pounds in 2 months is the same, it's extreme and your body just doesn't know how to do that in a healthy way.
    Try to have more realistic expectation. You want to loose weight in a sustainable way that you can maintain and enjoy once your reach your goal weight.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Just remember you're doing your weight loss correctly with balanced meals and exercise. There's a reason the fad diets advertise that you will lose more weight (and you did) but they aren't sustainable and teach nothing about living a well rounded diet. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll be happier with the end product than following a crash diet.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    atjays wrote: »
    Just remember you're doing your weight loss correctly with balanced meals and exercise. There's a reason the fad diets advertise that you will lose more weight (and you did) but they aren't sustainable and teach nothing about living a well rounded diet. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll be happier with the end product than following a crash diet.

if you are losing too fast it means you arent properly fueling your body and you arent getting the nutrients and other things your body need. you are underfueling it. so balanced meals and exercise in that case means nothing. 22 lbs in 2 months isnt healthy unless severely obese and even then it can be dangerous depending on how big the deficit is.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Bahamaria wrote: »
    I’m 6 days from 2 months and I’ve only lost 22.1 lbs. I don’t know why I feel a bit discouraged. I’m actually eating right working out 6 days a week. I guess because prior to really changing my lifestyle ,when i did other “diets”i lost way more in a just a month. It’s now a lifestyle for me I’m so cautious of what I eat. I rarely have a cheat meal I’m still conscious.I’ve been googling how much should one lose in 2 months someone said in a healthy way 12-16 lbs so i guess I’m doing good. I started out at 208.8 in currently 186 lbs. My goal weight is 145. I won’t binge or eat unhealthy I just feel slightly disappointed.. rant over let me go and work out..

No; you're doing unhealthy. Anyone who isn't morbidly obese should be losing a maximum of 2lb per week. You need to readjust your expectations.

2 lbs a week is fine if you have over 75lbs to lose. anything less than that should be less than 2lbs a week(unless under the close care of a dr). the less you have to lose the less weight you should be trying to lose weekly.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Bahamaria wrote: »

As others have said, you are actually losing faster than what is considered safe/healthy rate of loss.

Max weight loss without doctor supervision that is considered safe/healthy is 2 lbs per week.

That said just because that’s the max healthy rate doesn’t mean that is the correct rate of loss for everyone.

For fat loss it’s recommended to lose no more than about 1% body weight per week (along with adequate protein intake and strength training). This comes from how much of our fat stores our body can use per day. Once our deficit exceeds that amount our body starts using lean body mass as well as fat for fuel. This also means as you get lighter the max you should aim for a week gets lower.

Then there is the recommendations for sustainablity. These are the suggested rates that help to keep you on track with a healthy rate of loss. They also help to ease you into maintaining by decreasing the size of your deficit the closer you get to your goal.
    0.5 lbs per week if you have less than 25lbs to lose
    1lb per week if you have 25-50lbs to lose
    1.5lbs per week if you have 50-75lbs to lose
    2lbs per week if you have 75+lbs to lose

For perspective I lost 2 lbs this month. I am not aiming for anymore than that, because realistically I cannot sustain a higher deficit for more than a couple days.