Confusion

Options
I went out with this guy two weeks ago. Seemed really nice! The only thing that I'm worried about is that he seems really excited about dating and also seems to want to move fast.
Second, he is friends with my sister and brother in law. He keeps telling me about how they have been ignoring him lately and it bothers him, it's kind of odd because he seems too emotional about them after having known them for such a short time.
Third, he sent me a message yesterday that he had to go from work to the ER due to a panic attack. I am kind of wondering about his emotional well being and if I should be willing to particpate in the confusion...

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    only you can make that decision
    but if you are already questioning it, it might be you already know the answer
  • TotalFoodEase
    TotalFoodEase Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, as mbaker566 said, only you can judge it but if it feels strange it probably is.
    I could be completely off the mark here (and hopefully I am) but sounds like he’s either lonely or has the potential to be a little controlling or emotionally manipulative. Just stay observant.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he has hot mess potential. I'd tread lightly with that one.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Panic attacks are scary and real, so I'm sorry he's dealing with that.

There are other red flags though, per your post. Have you talked to your sister and BIL about him? I'd ask them what they think of him and see where it goes from there. I wouldn't bring up what he said about them ignoring him. If they have reasons then I'm sure they will let you know.
  • jgdsf73
    jgdsf73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jadu786 wrote: »
    I went out with this guy two weeks ago. Seemed really nice! The only thing that I'm worried about is that he seems really excited about dating and also seems to want to move fast.
    Second, he is friends with my sister and brother in law. He keeps telling me about how they have been ignoring him lately and it bothers him, it's kind of odd because he seems too emotional about them after having known them for such a short time.
    Third, he sent me a message yesterday that he had to go from work to the ER due to a panic attack. I am kind of wondering about his emotional well being and if I should be willing to particpate in the confusion...

If something seems off then it usually is.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think you know enough to let this one end.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Too much drama I think. Had you had any communication since the date two weeks ago?
  • mariececilia10
    mariececilia10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    He sounds very clingy and needy. He’s the type I’d phase out now in the early stages and save myself the annoyance of having to offer anything more than a, “This isn’t going to work for me,” later on, and then deal with his constant questioning of why and begging to get together to talk about it. Do it now while there’s nothing to talk about. Sounds cold but why play games?
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you guys... it just didn't seem right so I told him I don't think things will work out
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Panic attacks are scary and real, so I'm sorry he's dealing with that.

There are other red flags though, per your post. Have you talked to your sister and BIL about him? I'd ask them what they think of him and see where it goes from there. I wouldn't bring up what he said about them ignoring him. If they have reasons then I'm sure they will let you know.
    Definitely agree with this