Where does your body store fat?

Options

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Everywhere, evenly. Like someone painted me with butter and made no one part larger than the other, but all equally wide. It makes losing inches slower as it's micro losses all over. It makes seeing a difference harder as it's micro changes all over. It is what it is!
  • Barrera1010
    Barrera1010 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Torso. Most visibly around the waistline, but as I lost weight I lost exactly 5" off my bust, waist, and hips. Almost no change to my legs or arms (maybe half an inch).

Wouldnt it be great if we could just choose where it goes first?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    tummy
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hamstrings/thighs, some lower abdominals.
    Very disproportional - once I start noticing chest fat, I'm quite motivated to cut down (rarely ever get this point). Back & forearm/bicep fat is just something that doesn't happen for me at least.

Ukrainian/Russian/Polish/Lithuanian hodgepodge of an ancestry
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Post menopausal - all my weight goes to my middle.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Lower abs. My triceps are flabby but, not a lot of fat. Not sure how to fix that.
  • EGGSHELLENT
    EGGSHELLENT Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The stomach, sadly. The worst place for it to be. :c
  • justsonja
    justsonja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've always been top heavy- belly, breasts, upper arms, and face. I don't think my thighs or hips have gotten thicker in the past 20 pounds I've gained.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Everywhere, evenly. Like someone painted me with butter and made no one part larger than the other, but all equally wide. It makes losing inches slower as it's micro losses all over. It makes seeing a difference harder as it's micro changes all over. It is what it is!

Yup, this is like me. Staying the same overall shape just slowly shrinking so it can be hard to tell because nothing looks drastically different.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Oh, and being short (5”2), slightest weight gain shows in my face.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Lower stomach and face (like, around the neck area).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pretty normal for a woman, hips, stomach, thighs. I'm shaped ok these days except for right now I have some lumpy lumps - top of my thighs where they meet my butt, sort of on the outside.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    my thighs are always alway the last to slim down. fat holds on to them for dear life.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Oh, and being short (5”2), slightest weight gain shows in my face.

me too.I'm 4'10.5" so even 2 lbs makes a noticeable difference.
  • BT8484
    BT8484 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Belly.. of the 26 lbs of fat I carry according to InBody 50% is around my waist..
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Mostly in my midsection, legs, and face
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    It seems I store a good portion of my weight in my butt and thighs, but the fat in my stomach seems to hold on for dear life. As I've lost weight this go round, my thighs seemed to be the first to go. My stomach (lower/ love handle area) has the slowest rate of inches lost. But exercises aimed at core strength seem to make it less paunchy at least. That's about as close to spot reduction as one can get. The fat will still be there, but building muscle does help the appearance a bit.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I definitely gain first in my thighs and hips, then arms, then mid section. When I lose it follows the same pattern in reverse - mid sections first, then arms, last hips then thighs.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    In about the worst place possible for a woman IMO - right above my illiac crest, aka, the love handles. I will sit here with HUGE love handles with defined arms, legs, ribs starting to show, and even a visible outline on my stomach, with gigantic fat rolls right where my waist "should" be.

I do put some on my very upper thigh and hips, but it wouldn't look horrible compared to the rest of me. Those rolls, however....gross.