Need motivation.

Options
How to not eat when it is in front of you looking delicious.share your distraction methods.help me.

Replies

• bluvvitch
    bluvvitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is relevant but I personally always seem to have the urge to eat and eat and eat so instead I’ll have a cup of tea or recently I’ve discovered Metamucil which I’ll have occasionally. If it’s just boredom eating I usually just try to distract myself by reading or what not. I hope this was at least a little helpful 😅
  • Priyanka2883
    Priyanka2883 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for sharing . More tips are welcomed.feel free to share and add me.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Added u, anyone else feel free to add :)
    Good luck on ur journey
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    How to not eat when it is in front of you looking delicious.share your distraction methods.help me.
    Allowing myself to have a treat (within reason) at some point during the week and therefore using that a reason to resist the urge.
  • Priyanka2883
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Allowing myself to have a treat (within reason) at some point during the week and therefore using that a reason to resist the urge.

I tried it but then rate of loosing weight reduced.
  • Priyanka2883
    Options
    I made some vision boards today. They helped me heaps. Maybe you could do something similar. Get photos of your favourite healthy foods off the internet, and take pictures of your favourite healthy recipes at home, and make a few posters. Then, when you get hungry, stand infront of them and pick a few things off the poster that you would be happy eating.

Here are the vision boards I made today, if anyone is interested (not about eating, more about exercise)

p6yd3mbng5sd.jpg
    zk2t7i1nxdcw.jpg

I'm weird. I get really inspired watching other people work out. I bet it would work for choosing healthy food as well! although, you don't have to give up the food you love... there's thousands of threads showing you how you can have it all, so I won't bother.

I loved these..
  • Priyanka2883
    Options
    I made some vision boards today. They helped me heaps. Maybe you could do something similar. Get photos of your favourite healthy foods off the internet, and take pictures of your favourite healthy recipes at home, and make a few posters. Then, when you get hungry, stand infront of them and pick a few things off the poster that you would be happy eating.

Here are the vision boards I made today, if anyone is interested (not about eating, more about exercise)

p6yd3mbng5sd.jpg
    zk2t7i1nxdcw.jpg

I'm weird. I get really inspired watching other people work out. I bet it would work for choosing healthy food as well! although, you don't have to give up the food you love... there's thousands of threads showing you how you can have it all, so I won't bother.

I loved these..

Thanks, me too :-) I got all the pictures out of one issue of a weight watchers magazine. I then went to kmart (walmart might be similar), and brought A3 paper for $5 (30 pieces), and then went to the dollar store and paid $4 for horse, ballet and sequin stickers.

I also made a poster of all the people in my life that inspire me, and that I want to help (friends and family basically). Another thing I'm going to do, is print off A4 pieces of paper and put pictures of people that inspire me to be the best version of myself (like my heros).

So far I want to use Michelle Obama, Heidi Powell, Ellen Degenerates, Jesus, Wonder Woman, Selena Gomez, Catherine Zeta Jones, Stephen Fry, Drew Barrymoore, Dr Phil, Sabre Norris, Bethany Hamilton, Collegeinfogeek (Thomas Frank), Robin Williams, Adam Sandler and Angelina Jolie as Tomb Raider. They are basically good role models, have really good attitudes or are kind to people, some of them are people that have thrived despite having Bipolar Disorder, some are great mentors, some are really brave or kickass, and others have amazing bodies.

I am making one for sure noe
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I set my intent in the morning not to give in to temptation. I go forward with that intention and if tempted, I just remind myself that it is not part of my plan - doesn't mean I can never have it again - just not right now. This works for me. And I don't keep tempting foodstuff around. I like to remind myself that this is not my last supper.