Intermittent Fasting& coffee

Options
Asking for a friend cause I do black coffee but.... can one do whole milk with IF to curb hunger? Or should it just be black. (16:8 IF)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like, when you like, just account for the calories.

It wouldn't be IF, but does it matter?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You should IF to curb hunger, not have to do things to curb hunger to IF.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    it depends on whose "rules" you follow

some say only 0 calorie liquids allowed ... some say up to 50kcal

people set the limit on what you can consume based on there own preferences and call there version that .... there is probably some on on IF that eats all day long but keeps each each snack under 200kcal so its fasting ... in te same way you get "vegans" that are only cruel to animals at the weekend and people on a Keto diet that still eat normally but just avoid potatoes bread and rice with dinner

THE only thing that maters to losing weigh is long term deficit
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You're talking about shades of gray at this point... where there isn't really a right or wrong answer. If it helps, do it. If it doesn't, don't.

In most cases, a person's goal shouldn't be to IF (or whatever other protocol). A person's goal should be to do what works for them.
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love talking about IF, but I didn't know that IF had anything to do with what you eat, more when you eat? :) yay, nay?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Calories are all that matter for weight loss. Not what time you eat them. If you can fit the calories from the whole milk into your daily calorie goal, it's not going to affect your weight loss.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »

people set the limit on what you can consume based on there own preferences and call there version that .... there is probably some on on IF that eats all day long but keeps each each snack under 200kcal so its fasting ... in te same way you get "vegans" that are only cruel to animals at the weekend and people on a Keto diet that still eat normally but just avoid potatoes bread and rice with dinner

This^^^

I do my own variation on "IF" - I don't really like to call it that, but that's the closest term to use for what I found is working best for me and my lifestyle.

Whatever keeps you in a deficit, and works for you, is what you should do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »

This^^^

I do my own variation on "IF" - I don't really like to call it that, but that's the closest term to use for what I found is working best for me and my lifestyle.

Whatever keeps you in a deficit, and works for you, is what you should do.

I do my own version too. I call is IF as that’s what everyone calls it but it’s not really it just me skipping to save calories for later. My doctor told me yesterday though that I should stop this as it’s not healthy for people with a family history of diabetes. I do drink coffee with cream every morning, I just don’t eat breakfast
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This link explains it well, along with a lot of other information about intermittent fasting (lots of studies linked):
    https://www.myoleanfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-what-to-eat-drink/
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I do IF or a variation of it and put some unsweetened almond milk in my morning coffee to stay away from sugar.