Where are the Nerds??

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Ah, much love to my fellow nerds :)
  • Big nerd from the UK here.

Heavily into Dungeons and Dragons. I have a level 14 Gnome -12 Arcane Trickster / 2 Grave Domain Cleric Multiclass- and a level 3 Tiefling -1 Divine Soul Sorcerer / 2 Hexblade Warlock Multiclass and a level 4 Drow Life Domain Cleric across three campaigns. I'm joining a fourth campaign soon where I'll be playing a Halfling School of Glamour Bard! I used to play a lot of Vampire the Masquerade but unfortunately, left the campaign when I had to move, RIP my beautiful Toredor. :<

I'm hoping to shrink down and tone up a little so I can do some cosplaying at MCM expo in the next few years; the first two on my list are Death of the Endless and Yennefer of Vengerberg. Absolutely adore Skyrim (Though Oblivion was, and always will be, my first Elder Scrolls love), The Witcher Series, Mass Effect and Dragon Age among others, but I'd be here all day if I started properly listing.

Also heavily into science and medicine, and spend most of my spare time watching crime, history and animal documentaries and reading Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

I adore anime too! Preferably horror/thriller/mystery anime like Higurashi No N/aku Koro Ni, Elfen Lied and Paranoia Agent, if anyone has any recommendations hit me up, I'm always looking for new stuff to watch!!

I used to work as a board game demonstrator too, so I have a nice little collection of those on the go too!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    I'm not a gamer nerd or cosplay nerd. In fact, I'm not sure I fit into any Official Nerd (TM) categories, but I love fantasy and sci-fi novels, history, culture, archaeology, board games, and show tunes.

Which author(s) are you favorites for Fantasy and Sci-Fi?

I like Brandon Sanderson, Victoria Aveyard, N. K. Jemisin... I mostly like series because I don't want the story to end! Obviously I've read the Song of Ice and Fire series since Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows.
  • THS2HASPASSED
    THS2HASPASSED Posts: 1,055 Member
    I am a nerd I suppose. R/C helicopters and playing drums are my nerd drug of choice :D
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Total nerd right here....

Even met my husband through tabletop rpgs back in the 80s
    I’ve really been missing tabletop lately, I’m thinking of finding a campaign group this fall
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Ah, much love to my fellow nerds :)

Welcome, my man.
  • sdanemrtn
    I'm not a gamer nerd or cosplay nerd. In fact, I'm not sure I fit into any Official Nerd (TM) categories, but I love fantasy and sci-fi novels, history, culture, archaeology, board games, and show tunes.

Which author(s) are you favorites for Fantasy and Sci-Fi?

I like Brandon Sanderson, Victoria Aveyard, N. K. Jemisin... I mostly like series because I don't want the story to end! Obviously I've read the Song of Ice and Fire series since Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows.

So happy you said Brandon Sanderson. The Mistborn series is probably my favorite series. Destroyermen by Taylor Anderson (alternate history) is another one of my favorites.
  • sdanemrtn
    I am a nerd I suppose. R/C helicopters and playing drums are my nerd drug of choice :D

Two things I would love to get into.
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    emmaycarl wrote: »
    Comic nerd here! Also academic nerd but that’s not as interesting and comes off as pretentious. I read Ms. Marvel, Squirrelgirl, A-force, Captain Marvel, etc. Marvel heroines are the best. Also! Old doctor who, Star Trek (I met William Shatner in real life! Proudest moment), and film geek.
    @emmaycarl I differ, academic nerds are super interesting, but I may be biased, lol ^.^;;;
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2018
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I bore this badge with pride back in the 80s. Stranger Things? Yeah that's essentially my childhood.

Same here. In fact, I even had the very same AD&D books as them.

Alright, I posted some costume pics on the first page, but I didn't really get into my nerd credentials. I'm a fan of MST3K (I even still have my fan club card: MSTie #54297), Dr. Who, and Star Wars. PC gamer, and I introduced my kids to Fortnite rather than the other way around. Mostly though I play sim-type games. Right now I'm into Elite: Dangerous, a space sim. Also a bit of a history buff. Most days I skim a newspaper from 100 years ago today. It's funny, I sometimes catch myself thinking and talking about things that happened 100 years ago as if they were current events.

I'm also an aerospace engineer, which makes me a real-life rocket scientist I suppose. Everyone is free to add me if you like.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Nerd/Geek here.

Star Trek lover including Enterprise and Discovery. Also loved Fringe and House MD and could literally watch reruns every single day. Really enjoyed the new Lost in Space on Netflix, too.

Linux user, current desktop flavor is Ubuntu MATE. Used to be an IT guy in the 90s and early 2000s but got sidelined by chronic illness. Also was heavy into mobile audio/video and home theater at one time.

Former vintage car collector/hoarder who also has a soft spot for 80s Shelby Dodges hence the user name.
  • sdanemrtn
    Nerd/Geek here.

Star Trek lover including Enterprise and Discovery. Also loved Fringe and House MD and could literally watch reruns every single day. Really enjoyed the new Lost in Space on Netflix, too.

Linux user, current desktop flavor is Ubuntu MATE. Used to be an IT guy in the 90s and early 2000s but got sidelined by chronic illness. Also was heavy into mobile audio/video and home theater at one time.

Former vintage car collector/hoarder who also has a soft spot for 80s Shelby Dodges hence the user name.

Would not be opposed to seeing some of the vintage cars. The important question with Star Trek is who is your favorite captain?
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Gambit, Dr Who, Star Trek, and really anything marvel fan here.. yup
  • sdanemrtn
    CNG24 wrote: »

Welcome to the gathering of nerds.
  • CNG24

Welcome to the gathering of nerds.

Why thank you 😉
  • sdanemrtn
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?
  • CNG24
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

If I had a PS4 and time to play, I'd totally help...but....I'm lame...bahaha
  • sdanemrtn

If I had a PS4 and time to play, I'd totally help...but....I'm lame...bahaha

Haha. No worries. I like to think I have the time and money for all of these games, so it's probably for the better no one has responded with game ideas.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Lol I’m more of a closet case. I keep my nerdiness on the dl. Shhh.... I love tabletop, pinball and retro games mostly, am an avid reader, particularly the horror genre. Supergirl is my weight loss/fitness inspiration annnnd I play Pokémon GO ev-er-y-day! 😀
  • Marvel movie nerd here and comic con stuff. My whole family is gaming nerds even though I dont game, not because I am not interested but because I dont know how to play with controllers. I would on the computer. Use to play WOW religiously on a PVP server as a undead mage