Help :(

Options
2»

Replies

• makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Run or bike long distance. You will gain lots of leg muscle and shred fat from thise areas quick.

Hmm meant to say run. Or do long distance biking.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Run or bike long distance. You will gain lots of leg muscle and shred fat from thise areas quick.

have you seen the bodies of long distance runners??

Yeah "long distance runners" have thin muscles.
    Long distance cyclists also have thin muscles.

I am a long distance cyclist and i used to be 200+lbs now im 140lbs with nicely shaped legs.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    First off, stop looking at other women and thinking about how your thighs don't look like theirs. You aren't them, they aren't you, chances are there's something you have that they want. It's just how it works, get over it.

Second, you likely have a low amount of muscle. I'm guessing that based on the fact that you look only at calories and eat whatever you want. Most women, on their own, don't eat sufficient protein to maintain muscle while losing weight. Add that to your lack of resistance training and you have a recipe for low muscle mass. The good thing is that you can turn that around. Start lifting weights on a good program, eat at maintenance, and your legs will firm up.

Yeah , I think so too because I feel that my legs are really weak because I feel them hurting even after 10 squats ! The problem is that I really cant keep a diet as I end up binging on junk and chocolate :( and I dont have access to a gym !

Stop trying to diet. That's what "eat at maintenance" means. 5'2" and 110 is a perfectly healthy weight. You're not going to get anywhere trying to lose more, especially when you keep binging. Eat enough food to fuel yourself on a daily basis and chances are your binges will go away.

As for not having access to a gym, that's no excuse for not getting resistance exercise. You can do bodyweight work at home or at a playground or be creative (e.g., lift heavy stuff from around the house.)
  • anonymous1210
    anonymous1210 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First off, stop looking at other women and thinking about how your thighs don't look like theirs. You aren't them, they aren't you, chances are there's something you have that they want. It's just how it works, get over it.

Second, you likely have a low amount of muscle. I'm guessing that based on the fact that you look only at calories and eat whatever you want. Most women, on their own, don't eat sufficient protein to maintain muscle while losing weight. Add that to your lack of resistance training and you have a recipe for low muscle mass. The good thing is that you can turn that around. Start lifting weights on a good program, eat at maintenance, and your legs will firm up.

Yeah , I think so too because I feel that my legs are really weak because I feel them hurting even after 10 squats ! The problem is that I really cant keep a diet as I end up binging on junk and chocolate :( and I dont have access to a gym !

Stop trying to diet. That's what "eat at maintenance" means. 5'2" and 110 is a perfectly healthy weight. You're not going to get anywhere trying to lose more, especially when you keep binging. Eat enough food to fuel yourself on a daily basis and chances are your binges will go away.

As for not having access to a gym, that's no excuse for not getting resistance exercise. You can do bodyweight work at home or at a playground or be creative (e.g., lift heavy stuff from around the house.)

No , I currently do not binge but I dont do so because I eat whatever I want in small ammounts
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options

No , I currently do not binge but I dont do so because I eat whatever I want in small ammounts

Weren't you just quoted as having said you binge on junk and chocolate? Eating "whatever you want"... ok, let me ask this, in all seriousness, how's that working out for you? Clearly not well, otherwise you wouldn't be seeking advice.

You can eat mostly whatever you want, but you need to also pay attention to what you are eating, how much, and make sure to be doing a progressive overload resistance training. It doesn't have to be a full time commitment.. just start out with one or two days a week- just be sure to give it 110%.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    1. Unless you are a child, cellulite is a thing. Most people have it. For women you see in pictures that are over 30 and have zero cellulite, 95% of the time - it's called Photoshop.
    2. Quit comparing yourself to other people. Even identical twins are not truly identical (different finger prints for one). Everyone carries weight differently. I carry my weight on my butt and thighs, but have a tiny waist and upper body. One of my best friends is the exact opposite, she's always had great legs but carries weight in her abdomen and upper body.
    3. Stretch marks. Those things are pretty much permanent. There are some products that can minimize thier appearance, but no workout or diet plan will get rid of them. I got rid of most of my abdomenal stretch marks by having surgery to remove my excess skin, but what's left is going to be there forever.
    4. Humans tend to be more critical of ourselves than others. We can easily see every one of our own "flaws", yet not so much with other people. Ask a good friend to be absolutely brutally honest about your body: you'll find that they don't see your "flaws" as much as you do.
    5. Rest days. You need them, everyone needs them. They are part of any and every workout program. Don't do the same thing everyday, take at least one day off a week. Also, switch up your workouts. Incorporate both cardio and strength training.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

So don't 'diet'. Change your eating habits slowly and think about it as a long term endeavour. Even if you binge, log it so you get an idea of what triggers your bingeing. You don't have to restrict anything, but try to eat the less nutritious stuff less often. You can work out at home. No barbells? Use litre bottles filled with water or tins of beans. You can do squats on a mat or cushioned surface like a rug. Pin two scarves together for a makeshift skipping rope. Go walking if you can. There's ways to exercise at home without expensive equipment.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi ! So I am currently strugglinh with something. No matter how much weight I lose , my thighs still remain flabby and full of stretch marks and cellulite. I am 5'2 and 110 lbs ( size 6-8)
    I eat 1400-1700 calories everyday and I ignore macros and purely focus on calories only and eat whatever I want to. On the weekends I go a bit over and eat 2000-2500 calories.
    I also do 2 hours of mini stepper EVERYDAY! So why are my thighs like this? I know women who do not diet , do not exercise and have awesome looking thighs :(

JMO, but you should really be trying to gain weight, in the form of muscle. I'm 5'1.5" and currently a size 8. I have never in my adult life weighed 110#. Even when I was a size 3, I weighed 125# (I lifted and walked everywhere back then). Try resistance exercises, like squats or lunges. Planks are good for building muscle through your entire body. Do some interval training to help build the muscle (you can use your stepper for this). You may not get rid of it, but I know you can make it look better.