Skinny but I still have a fat stomach???

Options
My BMI is about 20, my body fat percentage is about 19-20%. I eat VERY healthy and am vegan and do strength training a few times a week as well as quite a bit of cardio (I'm training for a marathon). BUT. No matter what, and no matter how much fat I've lost, I still have this weird abnormal fat stomach and it makes me SO mad and upset. People have said to build more ab muscles, which I'm doing. I've thought about getting lipo but it's so expensive. I don't know what to do cos I just wanna be able to wear a bikini to the beach in the summer but I can't if I look like this. Should I restrict my calories again and try to keep losing fat? Is it my posture? Do I have flared ribs? I really hope someone can help me, I'm getting desperate! :(
cx4224utosj2.png

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    therosalea wrote: »
    The calorie surplus idea makes a lot of sense, but, I'm very very worried about gaining fat, even a TINY bit. :/

It's not a surplus but eating at maintenance. You won't gain fat but lose some fat and gain some muscle slowly over time (if you do it correctly as per the link).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    You look perfect. Your stomach has nothing to do with wearing a bikini. Most women’s bodies require some fat to function properly.

I did a little google search for you, and here’s an article about how lightning and posing makes all the difference in photos. https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a3621469/women-who-proved-fitspo-photos-arent-always-what-they-seem/

^ THIS!!!
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'd kill someone to have your fat belly. To get to that point (if I ever will) would take me a looooooong time still. As others have said before, society has taught us (women especially) to have totally unrealistic expectations of what a body should look like. None of the models, not one, actually looks like she does in photos. It's just not possible. The advent of Photoshop might have been the worst thing that ever happened to body imaging.

Go look at the success story section if you want to see fat bellies. Oh, and go wear that bikini! You look amazing!