If You Eat Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream Daily Do You Consider Yourself Dieting?

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    just because food is delicious and satisfying and "crappy" doesnt make it not food. Moderation. Of course you can eat it, And of course you log it. Not eating it/not logging is just cheating yourself in different ways. Middle ground.

Early on in my logging days (2020 day streak over here) I read, "Even if you're not keeping track, your body still is." Sadly, I forget who on here said it. ... But it's so true!

@rabbitjb maybe?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    lantana411 wrote: »
    Just want to remind you that I started this to better understand the reason why people log dessert or refined carb/sugar foods - were they trying to lose weight or track intake or what. It wasn't a thinly veiled hateful statement - it was a question to better understand. I didn't pass judgement on others and even stated that while I eat mostly lean protein and produce I'm not adverse to eating desserts, etc. as long as it doesn't start a binge for me. Thanks to those who shared their logic/goals in logging food. And for those who think I'm judgmental I feel for you - not my intention - I hope that whatever is causing you to make that assumption passes.

But if we're logging everything we eat... why wouldn't we log desserts, etc? I don't understand. Are we meant to be "naughty" or "cheating" when we indulge? Why shouldn't we track higher calorie foods if we've made room for them?

even if we didnt make room for them....for knowledges sake. Weight loss is one big math problem lol. Leaving bits out of the math problem simply makes it harder/more likely youll take longer to get to the end result trying to figure your *kitten* out. Food is food. Your body counts it whether you log it or not...why wouldnt you. I mean if you choose not to thats fine to but you cant just pretend it doesnt exist because you classified it as a bad food right OP

Very true!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat something with chocolate, usually dark chocolate or a Reese’s pb cup every single day. No dieting for me ever, just making sure I meet my calorie goal and don’t overdo it with my sweets choices.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    lantana411 wrote: »
    Just want to remind you that I started this to better understand the reason why people log dessert or refined carb/sugar foods - were they trying to lose weight or track intake or what. It wasn't a thinly veiled hateful statement - it was a question to better understand. I didn't pass judgement on others and even stated that while I eat mostly lean protein and produce I'm not adverse to eating desserts, etc. as long as it doesn't start a binge for me. Thanks to those who shared their logic/goals in logging food. And for those who think I'm judgmental I feel for you - not my intention - I hope that whatever is causing you to make that assumption passes.

Why *wouldn't* people log them? If they eat them, they log them.

Trust me. The aggression wasn't "thinly veiled" at all. You were quite obvious about it.

Sometimes I'm working towards a goal where I need to enter breakfast, lunch, and snacks to see how many calories I have left for dinner, so I can decide what to have. Don't really need to enter it because the tool has dinner its job, I got the information I'm after. This is when I'm in maintenance, for the most part.
This discussion has been closed.